2018 Ford Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JennyD

Reaction score
We finally placed our order this week...it will probably end up one of the last 2018s to roll off of the line, but we got exactly what we wanted!

And ditto this! :waytogo:
Just wanted to say "thank you" to everyone on this forum. I read through the new posts just about every day and appreciate the comments and feedback people give to help everyone enjoy their new Expeditions.

Bunch of class acts in here!

Thanks everyone!

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We finally placed our order this week...it will probably end up one of the last 2018s to roll off of the line, but we got exactly what we wanted!

And ditto this! :waytogo:
After ordering my Navi this year and getting exactly what I wanted I don’t think I’ll ever buy off the lot again. Other than the waiting it was such a better car buying experience. Co grata on your soon to be built new truck!

gtnator

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After ordering my Navi this year and getting exactly what I wanted I don’t think I’ll ever buy off the lot again. Other than the waiting it was such a better car buying experience. Co grata on your soon to be built new truck!

That's true, but don't you get much better discounts buying off the lot? Or are you saying that the discounts available to lot buyers as a percentage of the overall price isn't significant enough?

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's true, but don't you get much better discounts buying off the lot? Or are you saying that the discounts available to lot buyers as a percentage of the overall price isn't significant enough?
Seeing as we bought a new model year after a major redesign we didn’t expect there to be much money to be negotiated down, and there weren’t any incintives to be offered at the time of pickup. We used the xplan pricing and from the few dealers we spoke with we were told that ordering vs buying off lot there wasn’t any difference in what could be negotiated down and selling a vehicle that was special ordered was actually better for them because it never sat on their lot so the dealer isn’t paying for that car to sit there which leaves them more meat on the bone to negotiate down. I read a bunch of car buying guides that actually said ordering could get you a better deal. We also didn’t need a car immediately and were willing to wait. Now if we wanted to get a 2017 there were mega deals on them but we looked at those earlier and decided to wait because the ‘18’s were far and away a much better vehicle.

JennyD

Reaction score
So, Ford kicked our order late last week...they are only building Limiteds and Platinums until production stops in early to mid-September. Should have moved faster! Luckily, a local dealer had one on the lot with everything we wanted (and not what we didn't) minus the HD Tow, plus some great incentives. We decided to give up on the HD Tow and brought the new beauty home over the weekend. LOVE this truck!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Congrats on your new baby and welcome to the club officially lol.

Yukon Joe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driver info screen.
What's that screen past the steering wheel called? Mine keeps defaulting to the towing screen. Why? Drives me nuts. It started doing that after I setup the camper in the tow settings.

So how do I change the default screen to the gauges?

Thanks,
Yukon

@Yukon Joe

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Driver info screen.
What's that screen past the steering wheel called? Mine keeps defaulting to the towing screen. Why? Drives me nuts. It started doing that after I setup the camper in the tow settings.

So how do I change the default screen to the gauges?

Thanks,
Yukon

@Yukon Joe
It's because your trailer is still set to active. Which is stupid because the truck knows the wiring harness is disconnected. But it is what it is. Whenever you start the truck and the driver info screen defaults to the towing screen, you need to scroll down to "select active trailer" and then select "no trailer". Incidentally, if you leave the truck running when you disconnect the trailer wiring harness from the truck, the truck WILL automatically set the active trailer to "no trailer" and you won't have to fiddle with the menus.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
othermrsikes