2018 Navigator getting 6th set of Cam Phasers.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
23,000 miles later and my wifes 2018 Navigator is getting its 6th set of cam phasers. Dealer suggested to Ford to replace the engine the last 2 times, and Ford has continued to decide to throw more cam phasers in it. This should be fun. In about 300 miles it will probably throw the check engine light again and puke these cam phasers. Now the head mechanic is out all week on Jury Duty, so they won't touch it for another week. Life is great.

JamaicaJoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get some oil from it and send it off to Blackstone Labs pronto. There could be metal circulating around.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
23,000 miles later and my wifes 2018 Navigator is getting its 6th set of cam phasers. Dealer suggested to Ford to replace the engine the last 2 times, and Ford has continued to decide to throw more cam phasers in it. This should be fun. In about 300 miles it will probably throw the check engine light again and puke these cam phasers. Now the head mechanic is out all week on Jury Duty, so they won't touch it for another week. Life is great.

Wow.

So much for the perceived “better service” from Lincoln?

Are you being provided with a comparable loaner vehicle?

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
Wow. Had mine replaced at ~38k miles and haven’t had an issue since. We’re now at ~57k miles. 2018 expedition

Attached is a list of parts they used. Wonder if they differ from what they’re putting in yours.

18A8BF95-A9F5-427B-993D-7713DE84EA1D.jpeg

D15FC9F9-D267-4B08-B180-A14DDFBF4C2D.jpeg

Last edited:

John I

Reaction score
Wow! This is especially disconcerting since I just called my dealer about the cold start rattle that began a week ago. The service advisor mentioned cam phasers and that it was a 3-4 day job, so the earliest they can start this job is June 1st.

2019 Expedition (mfg Sept '19) , 14K miles

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wow! This is especially disconcerting since I just called my dealer about the cold start rattle that began a week ago. The service advisor mentioned cam phasers and that it was a 3-4 day job, so the earliest they can start this job is June 1st.

2019 Expedition (mfg Sept '19) , 14K miles

You are the first person on this forum that has a manufacture date after April 2019 who has had the cam phaser issue. Are you sure it is the cam phaser and not the turbo waste gate.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You are the first person on this forum that has a manufacture date after April 2019 who has had the cam phaser issue. Are you sure it is the cam phaser and not the turbo waste gate.
Mine was manufactured 06/19 and got them done. I still don't think they needed to be done, but Ford wouldn't even consider replacing the turbo's till the phasers were done (as if the sounds were even remotely the same). They literally told the dealership they had to tear apart the engine before they would even consider the turbo's as the source of noise.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni