2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SATEX

Reaction score
When you had the bilsteins did you go with the expedition part number or f150 for the front?
Sorry for the late reply, I travel a lot for work.

With those, I was referencing my F150. But, the shop that has done all the work on my f150 and Expy, stated that the f150's would work with little to no modification depending on what I was trying to achieve. I do apologize for not having a better or clearer answer, it's one of those things that, I tell them what I want, and let them do whatever they have to do to achieve it.

If my wife decides to keep this, then I will be changing out the suspension for either Fox or Icon. With the Fox set up I would be running the F150's. The FX4 shocks on this are just as bad as the ones on the F150's. This thing doesn't like "bumps" in the road when going around a turn, it tries to jump sideways.

SATEX

Reaction score
Now that you have had them for a longer while, how do you feel it drives with the heavier LT tires on it? From my research each tire, at your new size, is about 19 pounds heavier than the stock 22" tires. I did a few comparisons and it really comes down to whether I want the additional width or sidewall. Either tire, I would add a 10mm spacer just to give a clearance to the UCA. Also, did you mod using Forscan to fix the speedometer?

This wasn't directed towards me, but, the heavier tires have made it "feel" more planted. On the other hand, because mine has the same horrible FX4 shocks that my F150 had it is exhibiting some of the same flaws. Wanting to bounce and skip when hitting a bump while going through a turn. With my f150 I changed to a Fox set-up. I'm waiting for my wife to decide if she is keeping the Expedition before I put a new suspension system on it. The shop that I used took care of the speedo.

Depending on the running board, Either going to a F150's suspension on all four corners, or Readylifts 3/2 will clear a 285/55R22 with no rubbing.

Last edited:

gshaw1

Reaction score
@AKentPhoto yes I want to slim down on the chrome, also thinking of having the rims powder coated black, not fond of that grey doesn't go to me, would like to have it all BLACK & BLUE

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Got a new camera and decided to try light painting.
Canon EOS R with 24-105F4L; 25” shutter and running around the rig with a Husky LED hahaha

View attachment 34551
I have camera envy...I’m still running my 40D. I want to go full frame so bad but my body runs like new and has proven to be nearly indestructible.

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have camera envy...I’m still running my 40D. I want to go full frame so bad but my body runs like new and has proven to be nearly indestructible.

I had a 50D and a 5D that were working perfectly and yet this was such a worthwhile upgrade

On that note, want to buy my 5D? $150, comes with 2 batteries, and a battery grip lol

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had a 50D and a 5D that were working perfectly and yet this was such a worthwhile upgrade

On that note, want to buy my 5D? $150, comes with 2 batteries, and a battery grip lol
What’s the shutter count?

StealthyBulldog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Take a photo and upload it to myshuttercount.com. You may need to convert to JPEG first. Not sure if they support Canon RAW format. When you convert to JPEG make sure it leave all metadata intact.

I shoot Nikon and Fuji, but I'll still be friends with you guys. ;)
We were contemplating getting a Nikon d850, torn on the Z6. It's just a light hobby, but we have a D7000 right now and mostly full frame lenses, so just the body is the expense.