2018+ Post Pictures Thread!- Lets see those shiny new trucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gbobcat

Reaction score
The weather was lousy when we bought it, so the dealer owed me a wash and detail. Finally got it today and took some pictures while it was still shiny.

2019 MAX Limited Texas Edition. The badge on the back is the only "Texas-y" thing on it, at least that I've noticed.

Thanks to everyone for the discussions. They were helpful in making the decision!

sides.JPG ends_details.JPG

gbosin

Reaction score
Hello all. Second Gen owner here. Just thought I would drop my two cents.

I personally think that the 4th Gen Expy is FUGLY and don't even get me started on the Navigator. I love the look of the second gen and I am still up in the air on the 3rd Gens.

I think Ford is trying way to hard to compete with (look like) the new Caddilac SUV's. The Expedition in my mind is no longer a versitle very capable on and off road truck. To me todays Expedition is a way overpriced luxury family vehicle.

I am curious if any of you that have poped for the $90.000 (I could buy a house with that kind of money and still have some left over. Can't live in the Navigator) Navigators would purposely take them off road and cover them from tire to roof in mud? I doubt it.

And why the hell spend that kind of money on a Ford in the first place? You could get a whole lot more bang and quality for your buck elsewhere.

No offense, just saying.

:xmasorlyflag: I just traded my 03 Eddie Bauer in on a 19 Platinum, it was great but I'm sure our new one will be great too. And I prefer the new looks, it's a different time, got to move forward. Expedition sales were dead, now they are doing quite well!

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't like the previous Expedition look, thought it looked like an SUV trying to be a truck styling with a noughtiess interior. Test drove several low mileage 17s and thought the interior looked and offered 2000-2005 type facilities. So much so, it was a toss up between a late 17 low mileage Navigator or an 18 Expedition or a fully decked out Explorer when purchasing. The gen 3 never even made it to my (or the wifes short list). And we cross shopped against the Surburban (didn't like the 3rd row and the ride), the Durango R/T (too small but fun) the Acadia/Traverse (too small 3rd row) and the CX9 (Great car too small) the 3rd gen Expedition didn't stack up against any of those for us at least and what we were looking for. A land yacht that can and did do a 9000 KM round trip from the Prairies to Flagstaff on the way down via Denver and on the way up via San Fran while hauling 5 adults ( well 2 adults and 3 large teens) plus associated luggage and if needed can tow a 6000 lb boat and trailer. To each their own.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I need to make tsgt so i can get a nav, they are just so gorgeous.