2018 sluggish acceleration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lefty hack

Reaction score
I have a 2018 expy platinum it’s been very sluggish during acceleration. It’s over 105 everyday in the desert which may be an issue. I just bought new NGK Iridium spark plugs. I haven’t installed them yet. Any other suggestions?

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you running premium or regular? If you put an Elm327 adapter on the OBD port you can see the temps of the air coming out of the intercooler and the octane adjustment factor.

OP
OP
lefty hack

lefty hack

Reaction score
Are you running premium or regular? If you put an Elm327 adapter on the OBD port you can see the temps of the air coming out of the intercooler and the octane adjustment factor.
Thank you for the suggestion. Do I need Forscan for that? I don’t have forscan so i think I’ll have to track the problem down another way.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2018 expy platinum it’s been very sluggish during acceleration. It’s over 105 everyday in the desert which may be an issue. I just bought new NGK Iridium spark plugs. I haven’t installed them yet. Any other suggestions?

Use OEM Motorcraft plugs.

OP
OP
lefty hack

lefty hack

Reaction score
Use OEM Motorcraft plugs.
I read somewhere else in my research to get NGK and get the coldest plugs they offer. Not sure now what is the best choice. Admittedly I’m a diy guy just researching this type of issue for the first time.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OP
OP
lefty hack

lefty hack

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online