2019 Exp. Max Plat - Speedometer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Looking for a little help. New to Forscan, and need a little guidance or confirmation I'm on the right path. We bought my wife a new car a few months ago and it came with some aftermarket tires and a small lift (looks awesome, she and kids are happy - I'm happy). That said the speedometer is off and I'd like to change it. I have looked at many of the forums, but the tire codes I found were for F150s or 2017's

Anyways looks like the code should (but I'm not 100%) be: BCM 726-12-01 : xxxx 0000 xxxx

I made this change and actually got the speedometer right but I had a code U0422 (invalid data received from body control module.) from the PCM & TCM. Makes me feel it's the wrong code. I decided to be cautious and switch it back. The code was gone. I know for some they wanted you to do a PCM relearn, but I believe that only applied to P0160 code which I did not have. I'm looking to calibrate the speedometer and have no codes.

Some other data if it's helpful:
  • I have a Lifetime Forscan license
  • running version 2.3.36 Beta (what I got when I downloaded it from the site)
  • Tires: Nitto Grappler 35x12.5xR20

The sheets I have reviewed are:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uDSQ1Z5a2Wt8-kjrSiVSlDFGFHnfeuhb3RTMVz95730/edit#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10O3UQDPxl5SGFDDr0dleG5BpB1c4L5Ob/edit#gid=1597179673

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mWnuQZlDTUGjKjmJje1QJIR8Z2c7Kf8KBZxKnw_8EqU/edit#gid=0

Final Note:
I also disabled the double honk, and I had no issues.

Thanks in advance, hopefully, I'm just missing something simple. Also, I've seen people mention "drop-down menus" in the modules, but I have never seen that just the lines of code.

Paul from Utah.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You ever get an answer?

I just changed my code for new tires and I am getting a PowerTrain fault error code.

Speedometer is spot on give or take .2 mph.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
2019ExpeditionMax
Reaction score
You ever get an answer?

I just changed my code for new tires and I am getting a PowerTrain fault error code.

Speedometer is spot on give or take .2 mph.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No, I did not. I don't believe this issue has been resolved yet. I have read somewhere that you can look at the setting from a MM circumference approach but as of yet, I have not tried this. Frustrating for sure because I did have my speedo dialed in perfectly up to 90MPH (closed track ahem). Ford needs to work with ForScan to solve for this however, the shifting points are much better when the PCM knows what going on. Even more frustrating is RAM just allows you to do it within the menu. Ford needs an answer. I'll update this post when I do find a solution.