2019 Expedition grinding while turning in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimmymaniaci

Reaction score
I purchased a 2019 expedition platinum with 53,000 miles a couple days ago. So far everything seems to run fine, except when backing up into my garage while turning I can feel a grinding/rubbing noise that seems to be coming from my front wheels. Almost as if my 4x4 is kicking in. Any help would be appreciated on figuring out what might be causing this.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The 4wd hubs may be engaging when they are not supposed to. There is a known issue with this on the 2018 and 2019’s. Do a search of the forum. Does it do it in 4wd auto as well as 2wd? If it does it only in 2wd, then it is more likely the case.

OP
OP
J

jimmymaniaci

Reaction score
The 4wd hubs may be engaging when they are not supposed to. There is a known issue with this on the 2018 and 2019’s. Do a search of the forum. Does it do it in 4wd auto as well as 2wd? If it does it only in 2wd, then it is more likely the case.
Is this the IWE rings you are referring to? I still need to try with 4A. I noticed that it didn’t seem to do it after I started it and backed out of a parking spot. But then when I got back home to back into the garage turning onto the drive way I noticed it again. I’m hoping this is covered under the warranty yet.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is this the IWE rings you are referring to? I still need to try with 4A. I noticed that it didn’t seem to do it after I started it and backed out of a parking spot. But then when I got back home to back into the garage turning onto the drive way I noticed it again. I’m hoping this is covered under the warranty yet.
Yes, I was thinking the IWE actuators. I have a two wheel drive, so I don’t have any experience. I was just throwing out as a potential cause. With the IWE’s some people have commented that it makes the noise while turning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360