2019 Expedition Limited LED Headlamp Switch Out?

Discussion in '4th Gen - 2018 - present' started by Joseph Shaw, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Joseph Shaw

Joseph Shaw New Member

Hey everyone,

So - good news, I am a owner of a nice, new, Expedition... I made a novice mistake though - out of everything I checked for - I did not check on the headlights. Unfortunately, the Limited that I purchased has the Halogens.

We just traded in our 2016 Tahoe LTZ for the Expedition Max - we were spoiled by the daytime LED strip, and the LED Headlamps - all I can say is that there is a HUGE difference.

At the end of all of this - I am looking to do a full swap from Halogens to the OEM LEDs, this is inclusive of the fogs as well.

There is limited information from a process & parts perspective, I was wondering if you guys could help point me in the right direction? Any information could help - thanks guys! (2019 Expedition Max Limited)

Looking here - I think I need the following: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/electrical/headlamps

Lamp Assy Part #: 13008 (Left and Right)
    Usages:

RH, 11/19/2018, Expedition (U553), With Level 2 Headlamps;RH, 11/19/2018, Expedition (U553), With Level 4 Headlamps

Lamp Assy - Fog - Front Part #: 15201 (Left and Right)
    Usages:

LH, 09/25/2017, Expedition (U553), Front Fog Lamps-LED

For your prices and availability select a dealer

Ballast AssyPart#: 13C170

Usages: 09/25/2017, Expedition (U553), With Level 2 Headlamps;09/25/2017, Expedition (U553), With Level 4 Headlamps

2. taaangy234

taaangy234 Active Member

No way to out 5k just for light conversion plus labor, you can hire a professional retrofitter have it done for less than 2k with a better result.
    Your best bet is to ask the dealer to trade it out with one with the LED I think that LED package is only $740.

3. Uturn

Uturn Full Access Members

Swapping will also require the wiring harnesses and reprogramming.

4. Deadman

Deadman Full Access Members

Theres more to it that it looks. It'll be one heck of a headache! Harnasses, reprogramming that the dealer is probably clueless on.

5. dlcorbett

dlcorbett Full Access Members

Yep, just switch out the bulbs like i did on mines, or trade it for another with the leds lights. Though changing the bulbs is cheaper, you will still moss the led strip. If i could id trade my truck for another with em.

6. Breaker

Breaker Full Access Members

The only benefit to the halogen headlights, we can replace bulbs when the go out. Little bit more to it with the oem led headlights. But....I'd still take them. Lol