2019 Expedition RSE media file formats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nobrainer

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place for this question, if not, I apologize.
I saw in the manual for the RSE that it supports: mp4, avi, mkv, divx, mpg2, etc however It seems to be REALLY hit or miss.
I tried just copying some media to an SD card as is and thought it was good, but I later found out that the RSE only displayed about 10% of what I copied. So I've been trying to convert it to different formats and then I can only get like 1 of every 10 files to display.
a lot of it is 720/1080p mkv files and I've converted down to 576p (because that worked for some) but then others don't display.
What am I doing wrong? I've tried video converter lite, any video converter (as was recommended on a different forum), and handbrake.
All of them will work for one file or another but not across the board.

explorersvt

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue. works fine with just a handful of mp4's, avi or mkv's, but if i try to load more than say 5 or 6 15 minute cartoons on there then nothing will show up.

OP
OP
N

nobrainer

Reaction score
I did finally get them to work after using uniconverter.app (Mac version, made by Wondershare which also makes a PC version).