2019 Expedtion Brake Controller -Self Install?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobv

Reaction score
I have a 2019 EXpedition Limited(05/19 build) with Standard Tow Package. I want to install the OEM Brake Controller myself. I see the hardware install(the controller itself looks doable) but haven't seen a thread for successful software updates thru FORScan.
I see plenty of info on the F150 forum but its not clear if the procedure applies to the 2019 Expedition.
Any help would be appreciated before I buy the ELM327 FORScan Adapter.

Thomas Warden

Reaction score
I've kind of have the same question. Just bought a 2019 Expedition XLT. With the 6 pin connector at the hitch. I'd like to put the brake control (OEM) myself. All I can find are videos for F-150's. I'm sure it's similar, but just wondering if the plug will be under the dash, and if I have to run a separate hot wire to the battery. Anybody have any experience with this?

jimmygator

Reaction score
I'd like to resurrect this thread. I recently purchased a 2019 Expedition with the HD tow package however no in-dash brake controller was included. I'm interested in installing or having installed the brake in-dash controller switch and needed module.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

AggieDave

Reaction score
@jimmygator I plan on doing it myself in the coming weeks. Just purchased a 2019 Expy Max this Thursday. Will be happy to share my experience, parts, pics, etc. So far, I've found this YT video (a little rough) regarding a brake controller replacement (the user had a cheap one installed, and decided to install an OEM).

The Part # is JL3Z2C006AA

This dealership is selling it for $204 as of the date/time of this post.

This video describes the Forscan process.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank1971