2019 Expy Forscan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
My apologies LokiWolf, I appreciate the feedback from you and Tracy Cook. I'm new here and while reading this thread saw some questions about 2020's, and posts from people that show to own 2020's, so I wrote it here hoping to find help from the right folks.

Sounds like we're in a waiting game now. I'll try to follow in the 4th Gen thread.

No problem. I just stumbled across this one. I will have more info later tonight. About to go do some work on mine! See if I can get some stuff straight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

David Langenberg

Reaction score
Just an FYI (I don't THINK I've seen this in this thread yet), but after adding the Heated & Ventilated seat controls to SYNC screen, in ForScan, you will lose the rear control of the HVAC system. It removes the "Rear Lock" and locks it to front HVAC. Easy fix, just revert APIM 7D0-01-01 back to default.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just an FYI (I don't THINK I've seen this in this thread yet), but after adding the Heated & Ventilated seat controls to SYNC screen, in ForScan, you will lose the rear control of the HVAC system. It removes the "Rear Lock" and locks it to front HVAC. Easy fix, just revert APIM 7D0-01-01 back to default.

must be something unique w/ the '19...cause mine still works ('20)

how long ago did you set it? maybe the new version of forscan is necessary?

OP
OP
B

Breaker

Reaction score

I tried reverting back to stock as built code, sync would restart, then it would still be there. Then I would go check the code, and it would be different than what I put in it.
My wife wanted the rear control over the seat icons. Finally was able to get it after have to change in the non as built section, what I call the easy section, enabled rear controls and disabled the seat icons. Then had to go back in the as built section and change it again. They finally went away.

Now, the problem is the radio, after the channel it says MHZ. Wife does not like that. Any ideas?

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody defeat the auto engine off? Wife is very concerned the expy shut down while loading the camper this past weekend. Hard to remember to always go through the menu to turn that nonsense off.

I’d be a great turbo timer to have that as a thing to turn on when wanted. To default to this is a bad idea. Any help on this front would be appreciated. I just ordered an obd link to use with forscan.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anybody defeat the auto engine off? Wife is very concerned the expy shut down while loading the camper this past weekend. Hard to remember to always go through the menu to turn that nonsense off.

I’d be a great turbo timer to have that as a thing to turn on when wanted. To default to this is a bad idea. Any help on this front would be appreciated. I just ordered an obd link to use with forscan.

sounds like you have the idle time set. if your parked and idling (while loading) then thats not auto shut down.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you turn that off? Only thing I’ve seen is the check box you have to do each time it’s started.

bushpilot

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you turn that off? Only thing I’ve seen is the check box you have to do each time it’s started.

theres an advanced setting, remote start (iirc) set the remote start/idle time out to 5, 10 or 15 minutes.
you can not increase it more than 30 minutes (a restart will be required after 30min).

you can extend the idle time w/ the remote too.

Page 62 of the printed/pdf '19 Owners Manual

upload_2020-7-7_6-44-38.png

CGETX20

Reaction score

I first got into FORScan solely to learn how to turn the Auto S/S off. After some research, it seems like doing this within the vehicle’s code settings also turns off other necessary functions, most importantly the battery level sensor (Auto SS won’t activate if the battery is low).

I used forscan to do some other great stuff, but ended up buying an Auto S/S eliminator to hard wire a solution that can be easily installed or removed, and still functions if desired.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

use the code “F150FORUM” and you’ll get 15% off I believe.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I first got into FORScan solely to learn how to turn the Auto S/S off. After some research, it seems like doing this within the vehicle’s code settings also turns off other necessary functions, most importantly the battery level sensor (Auto SS won’t activate if the battery is low).

I used forscan to do some other great stuff, but ended up buying an Auto S/S eliminator to hard wire a solution that can be easily installed or removed, and still functions if desired.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/

use the code “F150FORUM” and you’ll get 15% off I believe.

CUDOs!!! Exactly the right way!