2019 Expy XLT halogen to led swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WJD_xlt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Added my LED fogs and low beams. I haven’t had a chance to drive around at night and see the difference yet though.

F99F0AC3-609A-4072-85F2-7541D0B8C8FD.jpeg

AmeriKEN

Reaction score
I see Morimoto recently released the 2Stroke 4.0 and they say since the low beams are used as DRL's, you will need the anti-flicker harnesses. I am really interested in upgrading my front end lighting with these, but do have concerns with everything fitting in the housings. Can you show us how you fit these? Did you get a deeper dust cap? Do you know the shape and size? THANK YOU!!!

Attachments

• dust caps.jpg
    dust caps.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 2
  • led without anti-flicker.jpg
    led without anti-flicker.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2

HILLY

Reaction score
I have the Morimoto 3.0's. I upgraded just before the 4's came out, but they're pretty much the same other than the improved chip mounting area. I had the low beams as DRL's for a short while and had no issues. I'm not sure if I even noticed a flicker. I have since reprogrammed via FORScan for my fogs to be DRL's.

Otherwise they fit fine behind the factory cap (Hi & Lo).

zak99b5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Where are people finding Morimotos in the HB3 size (stupid choice on Ford's part, that)? I’ve looked on Amazon and on the Morimoto site and can’t find them.