2019 Ford Expedition 3rd Brake Light question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unfortunately I have not.
I may have to take the entire lift gate apart from the truck but won't do so until I have no more options.
I have looked at all these pictures/and other posts. One mentions it but the links are bad. The entire website is down. I was hoping for some guidance from someone who has attempted this repair.

I haven't personally ordered, but seller has good ratings.

It seems unlikely that entire panel is bad though? Have you checked the fuses?

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
My guess is the casing is cracked, and moisture is showing on the inside. This may have corroded the connections.. I suppose this is a common issue typically covered by 3/36000 warranty.
I will check the fuses tomorrow however.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't personally ordered, but seller has good ratings.

It seems unlikely that entire panel is bad though? Have you checked the fuses?
Be careful with the ebay ones - I ordered one for my 3rd gen (2017) and the wire colors and pinouts are wrong. The connectors are right but where it depicts the wires and their colors in the connectors is wrong. Just saying for if you were needing these for wiring help.
And I am not saying this seller specifically just the FSM's on ebay

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Be careful with the ebay ones - I ordered one for my 3rd gen (2017) and the wire colors and pinouts are wrong. The connectors are right but where it depicts the wires and their colors in the connectors is wrong. Just saying for if you were needing these for wiring help.
And I am not saying this seller specifically just the FSM's on ebay

The one I have from eBay is a Ford product. If you received something else, I would have filed a complaint.

TrueBlue_09

Reaction score
I had this happened to me that the 3rd brake light of my 2018 Expedition had water in it and the Ford dealer told me the extended warranty doesn't cover the replacement and they wanted $570 to replace it.

Wheelman-111

Reaction score
Greetings:

I know this is an older thread but I recently performed this simple repair. The rear spoiler is attached to the hatch with a half-dozen or so fasteners. Once unbolted, I was able to lay the spoiler assembly up on top of the roof. The HMSL assembly in turn bolts to the spoiler. Working on a 3-step ladder made it hard to see the fasteners, and it was amazingly easy to drop them and watch them disappear into a gap in the hatch. Have a magnetic retriever handy, trust me. There's a single electrical connector to unplug and re-plug. I bought my LED assembly from a Ford parts store - also about $160 - and it took me a bit more than an hour. Not sure what's going to stop the replacement from leaking too?