2019 Limited has CD player hidden?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AU00

Reaction score
Newbie here. Just bought a '19 Limited for my wife 2 weeks ago. Remove the front bezel to install autostopelimator and found what looks to be a CD player. Behind the white sticker there is a slot for where the disc would insert. This was a feature my wife wanted as she does lots of audio books on CD from the library. Anyone had luck activating one in forscan? If so, I could buy an 18 bezel and swap it out.

IMG_0451.JPG

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What a scam! That’s like my 92 Jeep Wrangler with the 15 gallon gas tank when there was a 20 gallon option. They installed a tube on the fill port that went deeper into the tank so you couldn’t pump in more than 15 gallons. Dropped the tank and cut the tube and I had the 20 gallon tank option for free.

carymccarr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Newbie here. Just bought a '19 Limited for my wife 2 weeks ago. Remove the front bezel to install autostopelimator and found what looks to be a CD player. Behind the white sticker there is a slot for where the disc would insert. This was a feature my wife wanted as she does lots of audio books on CD from the library. Anyone had luck activating one in forscan? If so, I could buy an 18 bezel and swap it out.

View attachment 31755

Is there a disk in it? Maybe it’s the gps ROM...if they still do that in 2019 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It should be programmable, The head unit knows it is there, but it is programmed out as an option just like can be done with Sirius. The key would be comparing the "as built" files of the 2018 and 2019 in the 7D0-01-01 file and eliminate the changes that are already known. There is also the possibility of inserting a disc and the controls will appear on the display. However that may be risky in that if the controls do not appear you will have a hard time retrieving the disc. If you go that route I would suggest using one of your wife's discs that you do not like.

OP
OP
AU00

AU00

Reaction score
It should be programmable, The head unit knows it is there, but it is programmed out as an option just like can be done with Sirius. The key would be comparing the "as built" files of the 2018 and 2019 in the 7D0-01-01 file and eliminate the changes that are already known. There is also the possibility of inserting a disc and the controls will appear on the display. However that may be risky in that if the controls do not appear you will have a hard time retrieving the disc. If you go that route I would suggest using one of your wife's discs that you do not like.

That's a good idea. I may try that. There is a small hole on bottom right that I think is a manual reset or manual eject.