2019 rear wiper linkage seizing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Infra246

Reaction score
So I have had intermittent issues with the rear wiper seizing. It seems to be an age old problem witt he the expedition and most Ford rear wipers, I had the same issue on my previous one. Another reason to have the wiper at the top like GM did years ago, but I digress. Anyways, I went to take it apart and remove it to clean the shaft and lube it up. But it looks like something has changed on the 2018+ model. After taking the big nut off it should just fall out of the window, but on my 2019 it is firmly stuck in place. There is a big plastic cover on the inside and it looks like it is being held on with two small bolts that attach to the little grab handle. I am assuming these little bolts need to be removed? I can't find a socket that will fit on to these? Has anyone taken one of these apart recently?

Attachments

• expyrearwiper.jpg
    expyrearwiper.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 27

Beachums

Reaction score
It looks much the same as my 2004 and 2015. I would attack it from the outside. There should be a snap-ring (e-clip) that retains the shaft behind the wiper arm cover and 10mm nut. It then should drop out. Then you can clean, apply a fresh coat if anti-sieze, then re-assemble.....

Edit, I just re-read your post.... crap I missed the part where you said my post does not apply... lol
Sorry for wasting your time.

Grizguy

Reaction score
I always wondered why there is a rear wiper... Doesn't all cars come with outside mirrors? I had mine rear wipers on a few time when I bumped the darn switch.. Then had to figure out how to turn them off. Not fond of the closer than they appear mirrors.. Makes it harder to back up.. but I do like the camera.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze