2019 sagging with trailer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff Houghtaling

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expedition Max with HD trailer tow package. I don’t know the the toung weight on my 3 place enclosed sled trailer. It’s aprox 3500 lbs loaded. The rear end of the truck is sagging a bit.
Does anyone have a load leveling solution?
I don’t want to use a WD hitch.

thanks
Jeff

rdlangston13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Expedition Max with HD trailer tow package. I don’t know the the toung weight on my 3 place enclosed sled trailer. It’s aprox 3500 lbs loaded. The rear end of the truck is sagging a bit.
Does anyone have a load leveling solution?
I don’t want to use a WD hitch.

thanks
Jeff

Look into sumo springs. It’s a dense rubber type things that goes between coils on the springs to provide additional load support. The after market for the expedition is not very big unfortunately

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

Jeff Houghtaling

Reaction score
Sumo springs and rear tires at 45psi helped, still a little squishy, probably have to look into LT tires to firm up things.
I feel I will be forced to use a Weight distribution hitch on my boat . Had some discussions at the trailer store, the expedition must use a wd hitch to achieve its towing capacity. Things Ford and the dealer won’t tell you.

thanks
Jeff

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is stated everywhere, Ford isn't hiding it anywhere?
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten.../guides/19Towing_Ford_Expedition_r1_Dec21.pdf
I think there is even a sticker on the hitch and the manual says the same thing.

I was going to say the same thing, It is not a hidden or secret fact about having to use WDH.

The sales guy/gal may or may not know. They should, but some don’t because they don’t tow. That is my experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sales guy I worked with thought because it had a hitch on the back meant it had the tow package...

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Your Expy has a hitch rating with and without a WDH. Usually something like 500 lbs tongue weight without the WDH. You have to adjust your trailer load to adjust the tongue weight. That's just the way it is. Blame physics, not Ford.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sales guy I worked with thought because it had a hitch on the back meant it had the tow package...

had the exact same thing happen. Guy just didn’t get what I was saying about having a hitch doesn’t mean it’s got the tow package