2019 Stealth Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dborberg

Reaction score
Hi Everyone - I have a question as a tuning novice that I haven't been able to find an answer to. I am considering a couple of different 5 Star tunes for my everyday driver 2019 Stealth, but I wonder what happens to the existing 'Modes' offered by Ford. I know that the modes affect not only the shifting patterns and thresholds, but also the suspension. When you load a custom tune, does the tune override the mode dial, rendering all of the factory modes worthless? Or when you load the tune, does the Mode dial only affect suspension changes, since they aren't a part of the custom tune?

Sorry if this is a subject already addressed in a thread somewhere. Thanks for any and all help in clarifying what is probably a dumb question in the first place!

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No it does not. If 5 Star is doing their job properly, they should be adjusting shift strategy, and throttle response in all modes, or atleast a few of them. Engine power is the same in all modes, how it is applied is what changes per mode.

My tuner(ZFG), does tweaks in throttle and shifting in Normal to improve throttle tip in, and use more of the gears, Sport is a significant improvement. Small tweaks in Towing to improve grade shifting. He leaves Eco alone, and most of the offroad modes. On one of my 93 and on my E85 tune, Snow is "Drag" mode. Designed to go hard acceleration straight. Shifts are slightly harder, and the throttle is less progressive, and more like a light switch. Works well for light to light or the Track!

Hope that helps.

Also, the amount and degree of tweaks also depends on the hard ware you are purchasing. I HIGHLY recommend the RTD3 from HPTuners over the SCT options.