2019 Totaled-looking at 2020 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't even begin to say how blessed we feel. My daughter literally walked away without a scratch, which I think is nothing short of a miracle. My wife is doing well, the big bump to the head has turned into massive black eyes but she is doing pretty good. She has an appointment with a physical therapist to look at a stiff neck and hip but both of those are pretty minor. The CT and xrays all came back perfect.

We picked up the 2020 Platinum. It only has 23k miles which is pretty low for nearly 3 years old. It still has a month left of the factory 3yr/36000, I am wondering if looking into an extended warranty makes sense. I guess I will see what pricing looks like on those. The original owner took great care of it, its in seriously like new condition.

It snowed this morning, the stock hankooks suck in the snow. There are a lot of ford 18" wheels for sale in my area so I may pick up a set and have tires that match our lifestyle better for 3/4 of the year and put some snow tires on the 22's for winters.

I drive a jeep everyday that has almost zero creature comforts so the old xlt was pretty nice to me but these Platinums are freaking nice.
PS that's a terrific looking ride. My wife wanted another Tri-Coat pearl white but we ended up with a black one instead because we couldn't pass up how clean this black Platinum Max was.

OP
OP
D

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Absolutely YES on the Extended Warranty. Harold Zeigler in Michigan (google them) just sold me a warranty for my 2019 with 28k miles. It was about $2k for a 100k Platinum Warranty with $100 ded. One major repair and it pays for itself. MY previous Expedition (a bit of a lemon 2018 with 75k miles) had over $12k in warranty repairs, so the warranty on that one paid for itself too;)

I also found out last week that the Hankooks suck........I put a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S on the stock 22" wheels for our 3,000 mile trip tomorrow (from Michigan to Florida and back for Spring Break)........I have a set of 18" F150 takeoffs that I'll run my Blizzak snows on for next winter.
I will check out Zeigler, that isn't a terrible price. Honestly, I am most worried about the sunroof. I had multiple issues with one on a different car, I always took care of it myself due to the crazy costs but it was always a pain to deal with.

Our last one was black and while I loved it clean we do too much dirty stuff to keep a black vehicle looking good, the white looks fantastic and should look better all dirty.

mpc11

Reaction score
I will check out Zeigler, that isn't a terrible price. Honestly, I am most worried about the sunroof. I had multiple issues with one on a different car, I always took care of it myself due to the crazy costs but it was always a pain to deal with.

Our last one was black and while I loved it clean we do too much dirty stuff to keep a black vehicle looking good, the white looks fantastic and should look better all dirty.
The other is https://floodfordesp.com/ to check out and compare the two..

Jettix2

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Pics of our current and previous. Agreed that white is easier to keep clean. Our 18 was CPO Gold and the warranty Was only $1650, I used it for a year and when I cancelled it I got $1475 back I think. They replaced cam phasers, entire sunroof track assy, one turbo, water pump, valvecover gasket, rear caliper, wiper motor, and some other stuff. It was crazy. We got it with 60k and traded it at 75k. This one is a 19 with 28k…:) it was only CPO Blue which made the warranty a tad more expensive.

Attachments

• 90CFFFE2-6698-40CB-A218-AF4965873720.jpeg
    90CFFFE2-6698-40CB-A218-AF4965873720.jpeg
    236.8 KB · Views: 16
  • D43D81A6-A727-4996-9B6F-E185A7AA835C.jpeg
    D43D81A6-A727-4996-9B6F-E185A7AA835C.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 15

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pics of our current and previous. Agreed that white is easier to keep clean. Our 18 was CPO Gold and the warranty Was only $1650, I used it for a year and when I cancelled it I got $1475 back I think. They replaced cam phasers, entire sunroof track assy, one turbo, water pump, valvecover gasket, rear caliper, wiper motor, and some other stuff. It was crazy. We got it with 60k and traded it at 75k. This one is a 19 with 28k…:) it was only CPO Blue which made the warranty a tad more expensive.
Why was the turbo replaced?

ColoradoJason

Reaction score
I am wondering if looking into an extended warranty makes sense. I guess I will see what pricing looks like on those. The original owner took great care of it, its in seriously like new condition.

I’m really glad your family is okay, and on top of that you already have a replacement vehicle.

One reason why I bought the Expedition is driving to the ski resorts over mountain passes. I told my wife that while I never want to roll over or get into a bad wreck, if I do, I want physics on my side.

I used my dealer’s Ford Extended Warranty: https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/. They sell the extended warranties for I think $100 over cost, which should match Flood and Ziegler. It makes no difference where you buy it from, as long as it is a genuine Ford ESP. I’d look at all three and pick the lowest cost.

I am generally anti-extended warranty, as companies don’t sell them to lose money. However, given the cam phaser issues, and the fact that so many components on these cars hit the $1,000+ price range, I decided to do it.

Good luck, and enjoy the new ride!

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey All,
My wife was in a terrible accident and totaled our 2019 expedition max. It rolled 3-5 times, I guess its hard to count as you are rolling...

I will post some pics of the wrecked max later. Kind of want the insurance to do their thing first. I will say I feel like the expedition is extremely safe, my wife and daughter were totally okay. The side curtain air bags seem to do their job.
Thank God they are both OK. Rollovers are an easy way to get hurt very badly or killed. In spite of the many mechanical problems these trucks have, they do appear to be very safe in all types of accident situations. Big +++++++

GlennSullivan

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I can't even begin to say how blessed we feel. My daughter literally walked away without a scratch, which I think is nothing short of a miracle. My wife is doing well, the big bump to the head has turned into massive black eyes but she is doing pretty good. She has an appointment with a physical therapist to look at a stiff neck and hip but both of those are pretty minor. The CT and xrays all came back perfect.

We picked up the 2020 Platinum. It only has 23k miles which is pretty low for nearly 3 years old. It still has a month left of the factory 3yr/36000, I am wondering if looking into an extended warranty makes sense. I guess I will see what pricing looks like on those. The original owner took great care of it, its in seriously like new condition.

It snowed this morning, the stock hankooks suck in the snow. There are a lot of ford 18" wheels for sale in my area so I may pick up a set and have tires that match our lifestyle better for 3/4 of the year and put some snow tires on the 22's for winters.

I drive a jeep everyday that has almost zero creature comforts so the old xlt was pretty nice to me but these Platinums are freaking nice.
With all the issues these trucks have been having, Def get the extended warranty! Cheap Insurance and it will pay for itself with 1 out of warranty issue. Buy the Genuine Ford Premium warranty from an online Ford dealer like Flood Ford and save $$$$$$ over buying from local dealer.

OP
OP
D

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like Granger has the best price for my vehicle. Beat floodford by $50 bucks. Just going to bump it out to 100K miles and 8 years. If something is going to go south it should happen by then. I hope to get a lot more than 100k miles out of it though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360