2019 Wiring Harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nybandit

Reaction score
Hey all, hit a deer in October in my 2019 Expy and have been waiting since then for the engine wiring harness. Frustrating is not even the right word. I've been told that it is the supplier of the parts that has the issue and that Ford needs those parts to assemble the harness... so it appears to be downstream. The part is JL1Z14290Q.... Is anyone else dealing with this or anything similar? Should I expect a harness at some point? Anyone have a work around? How the hell does Ford not have replacement parts for a newer vehicle???? Apparently there are 116 of us waiting as of today....

Because the wiring harness has airbag sensors and such sensitive systems, it cannot be repaired nor can you use an aftermarket harness, OEM only, I guess it is a Federal Law?

LeeM

Reaction score
Did you ever get your wiring harness? I also hit a deer 2 months ago in my 2019 Expedition and have a busted wiring harness that is on back order. My part number is JL1Z-1429-0AV. The only options appear to be 1) find a used harness in a salvage yard or 2) keep waiting on Ford.

OP
OP
nybandit

nybandit

Reaction score
I did get it but it took me completely blasting Ford CEO on every social media platform daily until his assistant contacted me and begged me to stop. Had harness a week later. Has to be a brand new harness, can’t use junkyard or after market because of airbags attached to harness… (some sort of federal law) Good luck!

OP
OP
nybandit

nybandit

Reaction score
Took em all down, but i did all the social media apps, and every-time they posted I put a blurb about how insane it is that I have a 4 year old truck and have to wait 6 months for a wiring harness…. That I am a disabled vet and have to have my vehicle, that I can’t believe there is no service after the sale…. Etc….. two or three times a day