2020 expedition water leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Timothy Trudeau

Reaction score
I have been working on alot of ford water leaks lately just wanted to post this so others can be informed. as some of us know there is a problem with the ac system leaking into the vehicle on 2018-20 Ford f150s and a few other models I just found a new one on a brand new 2020 expedition I assume the leak was the a A/C in the right front but seen the fix in the drain tube was already done I had water tested the truck and found that water was coming in the front piller took the fender liner loose and found that from the factory the body plugs were not installed on the lower piller keep an eye out for this as well when looking for leaking

20210120_130413.jpg

20210120_130419.jpg

20210120_130425.jpg

20210120_130448.jpg

20210120_111609.jpg

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have been working on alot of ford water leaks lately just wanted to post this so others can be informed. as some of us know there is a problem with the ac system leaking into the vehicle on 2018-20 Ford f150s and a few other models I just found a new one on a brand new 2020 expedition I assume the leak was the a A/C in the right front but seen the fix in the drain tube was already done I had water tested the truck and found that water was coming in the front piller took the fender liner loose and found that from the factory the body plugs were not installed on the lower piller keep an eye out for this as well when looking for leaking

View attachment 39914

View attachment 39915

View attachment 39916

View attachment 39917

View attachment 39918

Thanks for the update and pictures - I’m sure someone will greatly appreciate your information.

Another example of the poor workmanship at the Kentucky Truck Plant - or intentional sabotage?

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know but this is sad. It's actually stupid, considering that every part is counted. There should be plenty of checks and systems in place to ensure that for every vehicle that passes a point on the line consumes some number of "plugs". i.e. if each vehicle needs 4 of them, then the stock should decrement by 4 for each vehicle. If not, the line should be alerted. Simple stuff. I used to watch on a Toyota line that every single piece was counted, and if the correct number wasn't used, a reason had to be input or it would be flagged.

OP, your post is a tad confusing, but is the gist of it, pull the passenger side fender liner closest to the passenger compartment, and look up inside on the chassis for these square holes? Are those special plugs with square posts or are the technically round and just crammed into square holes?

Last edited:

Janky

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This sounds a lot like what the dealer described was the issue with our 2018 Platinum. I have only had it back a week and it hasn't been wet, so I'm not sure if it's fixed, but this gives me hope. Thanks for sharing.

mfreib

Reaction score
How is this issue diagnosed and where would you see the water. I am considered a used one and the carfax lists that it was serviced twice for a water leak which has me rethinking things. Thanks

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Generally you'll find wet carpeting in the passenger front floorboards.

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How is this issue diagnosed and where would you see the water. I am considered a used one and the carfax lists that it was serviced twice for a water leak which has me rethinking things. Thanks
Is it a Platinum Max in gray by chance? I had water issues with mine but was able to get Ford to buy it back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360