[2020 Ford expedition Limited] Passenger Doors (every door except driver door) doesn't lock/unlock remotely

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theblackpearl

Reaction score
I just bought this used 2020 Ford expedition - it was a fleet vehicle before.
If I walk to the driver side door with the keys in my pocket, I can pull the handle and it unlocks. ANd when I exit, I can press the ribbed area of the door handle and it locks automatically. This works every time!
But this does not work for all other doors ~90% of time. Once in a while, those doors will both unlock and lock without me pressing the buttons in the key fob.
Has anyone had such issues? In settings, I have set it to unlock all doors.
Any ideas on what could be happening and how I can fix this? Very annoying, as many times, I have to load my kid in the car in a passenger side door before getting into the car myself (and this is the primary reason my family loves the auto opening, sliding doors of my minivan more than this car, and don't approve of this purchase. sigh)

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A battery that is beginning to fail will cause the vehicle to exhibit issues like you are describing. Have the battery load tested to ensure it’s good.