2020 Ford Expedition Max Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tatafamily

Reaction score
Hi all! I recently wash my car and noticed the rust underneath the car. Is Ford using cheaper parts or they not put in any protectant undercoating? I only have 37k miles on it. I would expect paying for a platinum to have better parts or some protectant coating for SUV. Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone know what I can do to stop the rust from getting worst? Any input would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 20230125_084122-COLLAGE.jpg
    20230125_084122-COLLAGE.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 16

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi all! I recently wash my car and noticed the rust underneath the car. Is Ford using cheaper parts or they not put in any protectant undercoating? I only have 37k miles on it. I would expect paying for a platinum to have better parts or some protectant coating for SUV. Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone know what I can do to stop the rust from getting worst? Any input would be greatly appreciated
First off welcome to the forum! So, the exhaust system draws alot of heat, and therefore makes the metal look like"rust". You will not have to worry about it.

Joann D

Reaction score
My previous expedition 2010 had a major rust problem as did my previous explorers....I undercoated my 2020 Expedition Platinum and hope it helps . I agree that when you that a vehicle of this calibre should be better built. I live in Atlantic Canada and the salt doesn't help . Good luck in finding a solution...military grade aluminum is not the solution