2020 Lincoln Aviator

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by powerboatr, Oct 16, 2019.

1. powerboatr

powerboatr Full Access Members

Not sure where to put this. By my recent copy of automotive and design arrived last night.
    just a few highlights.
    rear wheel drive aviator is 4774 pounds and 4892 in AWD version.
    but why do i mention this
    well the engine is a 3.0 litre twin turbo v6 rated at 400 hp and 415 lb of tq
    but add the hybrid version and oh baby you could give some folks in the rear seat a rocket launch
    it jumps up to 494 hp with the 75 kw electric motor that is integrated in the 10 speed auto, and tq jumps to 630 ft lb, that additional 200 plus lbs of tq starts at zero rpm. their goal was effortless performance. or go 18 miles on pure battery :driver: ( i guess you could use it as a golf cart)
    they built it to get 400 mile range total.

adaptive suspension that looks ahead 50 feet at the road looking for height deviations that sets up the suspension to adjust before the pothole and bumps . and an advanced pothole mitigation. the designer lives in MI. and stated the roads are in need of serious fixing ( i paraphrased)
    i have to upload a few pics. but the black label reserve could set you back, sit down a bit over 80k
    standard model around 55k

i dont need one, but it is an eye catcher

2. 99WhiteC5Coupe

99WhiteC5Coupe Full Access Members

3. powerboatr

i saw that earlier. but they seem quiet on the actual problems.
    we are not in market, but i like to see whats moving around.

my trade magazine is purely about design and manufacture. They cover everyone, sometimes a bit late.
    its like BASF, they don't build the cars, they just build whats in them better

they also had a fully autonomous car that achieved a Guinness record for being the fastest autonomous vehicle in the world. with a two run speed of 175.49 miles per hour or 282.42 kph. there was no record to beat so it set the bar as it were.
    wwwADandP.media
    i am still listed on the employee roster of an engineering firm for vehicles on and above land so i get it monthly. of course NASA tech briefs and its web of associated reading Its pretty good

4. jeff kushner

jeff kushner Full Access Members

"Ford Motor Co. is shipping thousands of 2020 Ford Explorers and Lincoln Aviators by truck from its Chicago factory to its Flat Rock plant south of Detroit as workers desperately attempt to identify and fix a series of complicated problems in the much-awaited SUVs."

Read this,

Now this:

"Ford sources say they're puzzled by even mundane situations, such as missing emblems and trim pieces and having the wrong wheels."

No? You don't say? LOL

Personally, I hate the look of the Nav and the Escalade for that matter but that's just me.

jeff

5. 99WhiteC5Coupe

99WhiteC5Coupe Full Access Members

The delivery of 2020 Ford Police Interceptors (based upon the 2020 Ford Explorer) has also been delayed: https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...eptor-delivery-disrupted-explorer/3929903002/

I wonder why Ford has been so evasive regarding the problems?

6. powerboatr

as luck, karma, divine intervention or what ever you call it. this morning i had to take the edge in to have them look at the brake booster. My wife said it was hissing under the dash. sure enough there was an issue with 201 through 2013 edge boosters so ford gave a ten year 150k mile free replacement . so she got a new booster and ecm update. ECM update was funny. but its all good now
    anyway my salesman was chatting with me for about an hr while i waited, before sale floor opened. as we spoke a delivery of some new vehicles arrived. One was a new aviator AWD reserve loaded out. so he says hey lets go look at it. OMG plush is an understatement. all for 71k . Jury is still out if i try to do a deal. I will say its a very nice vehicle. we had a time playing with all the stuff. color is pristine white metallic.
    its an eye grabber. second row seat are heated and ventilated and the driver and pass seats are the 30 way massage heat and ventilated. COMFY AS A PILLOW THEY ARE. We may go do a drive this weekend. but 71K on x plan is still up there.
    it has a class IV trailer tow package with a 4 and 7 pin trailer connector and factory hitch, and trailer sway and all that but i cant find if a brake controller in built in or in some setting in the dash controls.

but the hold up on deliveries according to him is a rear seat back hold down restraint and ford and lincoln vehicles have to have this special tool to repair the attach or hold back "thingy". Anyway they have two aviators, one is just fresh off the train and the other is in the body shop on hold until the seat back thingy can be made good. i didnt understand how the aviator and explorer would have same seat problem since the seats are no way the same
    he explained what he had been told as the rear seats seat back could fold forward under hard stops. but i cannot confirm the deep details as he didnt know beyond that

20191017_104004.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    jeff kushner likes this.
  7. JExpedition07

JExpedition07 Ultimate Member Supporting Member

They are doing the same to the Mustang GT. The 5.0L V8 stock is rated at 480 horsepower/ 420 lb ft in the billet......but they are also adding electric to the 10 spd auto as well. That will be killer. I’d take the regular engine first for either though.

powerboatr likes this.
  8. powerboatr

yes its a nice car, but i think we are going to take a pass right now. No TBC is sort of weird with a 5700 lb tow rating.
    really would not like to have some odd looking controller hanging off the dash.

71 i could get a loaded platinum and pull a horse and a horses horse, plus three large friends and two cousins

20191017_104015.jpg

20191018_140907.jpg

20191017_103905.jpg

9. ManUpOrShutUp

ManUpOrShutUp Full Access Members

It looks a bit like a Subaru Outback imho. I'm not a fan of the direction the looks are going in for any of these Fords.

10. carymccarr

carymccarr Full Access Members

I’d take it over a freestyle or flex that’s for sure.

I sat in one two weekends ago. Was nice but not x3/5/7 nice or xc90 nice.