2021 headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RayW

Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 xlt pre owned. The headlights are not bright at all. I can't see more than 10 feet in front at nighttime. I took it to the dealer and got the "Well the computer dosen't say anything is wrong" response. I don't know if it's a setting or a bulb issue. Anyone run across this?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a 2021 xlt pre owned. The headlights are not bright at all. I can't see more than 10 feet in front at nighttime. I took it to the dealer and got the "Well the computer dosen't say anything is wrong" response. I don't know if it's a setting or a bulb issue. Anyone run across this?

If you can only see 10 feet in front of you at night, then the vertical aim of the headlamps needs to be adjusted.

The printed owner’s manual has information on how to do this (indexed as “Adjusting the Headlamps”).

Last edited:

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are these halogens or LED's ? If they are halogens then thats pretty much what they give for light output..

OP
OP
R

RayW

Reaction score
If you can only see 10 feet in front of you at night, then the vertical aim of the headlamps needs to be adjusted.

The printed owner’s manual has information on how to do this (indexed as “Adjusting the Headlamps”).
I was not aware if this. Thank you! One would think that the dealership would have made this suggestion??

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get led bulbs for ur heads and fog lights and maybe high beams...the halogens are rele just that bad.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was not aware if this. Thank you! One would think that the dealership would have made this suggestion??

When I adjusted the headlamps on my 2015 - I parked in my garage on level ground and used blue painter’s tape on the wall to mark the top of each low beam - them slowly adjusted each until they were level and even.