2021 - Limited Slip axle or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kryichek

Reaction score
Any resolution to this?
I also have the 3L, Tow Package, 3.73 non-limited slip on the sticker, no lock button and I don't see a assembly on the differential.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 22 had the ELSD called out on the window sticker under optional equipment. I specifically ordered it that way as the HD Tow doesn't include that as standard anymore, it has to be added as an option. I believe that started in 20 or 21.

Last edited:

GreatExcape

Reaction score
On my 21's window sticker it clearly states:

"HEAVY-DUTY TRAILER TOW PKG NO CHARGE .3.73 NON-LMTED SLIP REAR AXLE"

However, on my cert sticker I have a 3L for the axle code which indicates it does have limited slip. What's up?
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm looking at two 2021's... One is a platinum with the ELDS locker button on the console, the other is a king ranch with no button and the window sticker like yours... BOTH show axle code 3L on the door sticker.

Is it possible that it's still a limited slip rear but without the electronic locking feature? I'm not sure.. I was just looking for the 3:73 confirmation and honestly was expecting two different codes...

Old Dog

Reaction score
The window sticker on my 2022 Platinum Max shows ControlTrac with 3.73 EDLS.
Heavy - Duty Trailer Tow Package.

OP
OP
Rob6805

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I'm looking at two 2021's... One is a platinum with the ELDS locker button on the console, the other is a king ranch with no button and the window sticker like yours... BOTH show axle code 3L on the door sticker.

Is it possible that it's still a limited slip rear but without the electronic locking feature? I'm not sure.. I was just looking for the 3:73 confirmation and honestly was expecting two different codes...

Yes. In 21 and newer the ELSD option was not part of the HD tow pkg. It was stand alone. There is no regular limited slip diff, just ELSD. So mine is definitely non limited slip. I'm good with that. I read about lots of issues with the ELSD. Glad I don't have it. The HD tow you absolutely want though. The 3.73 gears alone are worth it even if you don't tow.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you are forever what reason unable to get under to see if it has an actuator on the axle, you could wet down your drive way in front of your rear tires, step hard on the gas and see what happens. Old school but...