2021 Tahoe/Suburban being announced today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mothnuts

Reaction score
Here’s a link with some good pictures.

https://www.motor1.com/news/387159/chevrolet-suburban-tahoe-diesel-irs/

I’ll admit I think the Premier Tahoe looks pretty good inside and out. We came from a ‘17 Tahoe Premier to our ‘19 Platinum. The main thing that looks intriguing is the rear seat entertainment looks way more user friendly...and it’s a touch screen. We’ve had our Expedition over a year, and we still don’t go on a trip that I don’t have to listen to my wife complain about how much better the RSE was in the Tahoe. I might buy one for that alone! Probably not...I have a ‘20 Platinum that’s suppose to arrive anyday. I do think they’ve came a long ways on the interior. The exterior looks very similar. Curious what the Denali will look like.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Reading the articles and looking at pics, they pretty much took the blueprint of the expy(and sequoia) down to the dimensions and put the chevy pickup on it and massaged it a little.

Bow512

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how the third side window is shorter than the doors? Looks ok on the Tahoe but stands out to me on the Suburban.

Also what’s that chrome strip on the lift gate? Way out of place in my opinion.

Interested to see the GMC and how that diesel performs in it. I like that they still give you an option for 4H.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
134.1” wheelbase, Suburban now the biggest truck in the class. That can be good or bad, two sides to that.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Observations/thought of mine:

-interior is a cross between expy and navi married with gm design cues

-frameless rearview mirror with digital display...neat

-no ventilated sec row seats...why not? Denali/escalade features?

-the tahoe is 210 in long with 122in wheelbase, same as swb expy. Suburban(which is already larger than the max) is 225in long with 134 in wb. Excursion was 226 in long.

-interior is nicer, but 10in screen seems too small for newer cars now. Overall, ram still blows it away so wagoneer will also presumably.

- 4 corner air suspension seems promising. Still waiting for ford to bring this back to expy/navi, esp now since aviator has it.

-tahoe has 26cu ft behind third row. 1st gen sequoia had that much. I wonder where gm carved that space from.

-theres 6 diff trims. I wonder if americas ready for a $95k chevy suburban/denali. That price creeps gonna be surreal at first.

-i like the idea of a baby diesel in a full size suv esp since ford is goin the hybrid rte but...

-bigger truck, same 5.3l, baby diesel, more aggressive fuel management...ingredients for a dog of a truck lol

Jace

Full Access Members
Reaction score
62ef1cd3f75e243c4b6d0f629601ca98.jpg
This what the Blazer should have looked like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. I don't mind that angle. All of this makes me glad I picked up my '19 tho!

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure glad I didn't wait for that to come out.
I wanted something that sat lower, and by the looks of those pictures, that new platform sits even higher. I love that my Expedition is sucked down lower to the ground. Not saying its going to be a bad vehicle, but that 5.3L is pathetic.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max357