2021 Tahoe/Suburban being announced today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazy to think there will be $100,000 Suburbans and Expeditions tolling down the road when 5 years ago they topped out at $55,000. Not a bad thing if competition is strong and they are selling, they’ll still sell like hot cakes at $125,000 on the luxury models. We haven’t hit a limit yet. I’m curious where it is, but as long as people are employed building them and they have buyers all is well!

Last edited:

OrangeWhipX3

Reaction score
Crazy to think there will be $100,000 Suburbans and Expeditions tolling down the road when 5 years ago they topped out at $55,000. Not a bad thing if competition is strong and they are selling, they’ll still sell like hot cakes at $125,000 on the luxury models. We haven’t hit a limit yet. I’m curious where it is, but as long as people are employed building them and they have buyers all is well!

They topped out well north of $55k five years ago.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The sequoia was the first to crest that coveted $60k mark, followed by the tahoe hybrid.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They topped out well north of $55k five years ago.

For example the 2014 Expedition King Ranch (top trim) would be hard pressed to option it to $60,000 fully loaded, most were within the $50,000 range. Hey I have no issue with it, as long as people are buying them and it chugs the economy forward it’s good even if they are $100,000. Major price increases in this segment show a healthy market. The new F-Series Limited goes over $100,000 with options easy, all the power to the people buying it.

The car manufacturers got smart, instead of selling 100,000 autos and making a few grand on each now they sell 50,000 autos and make $20,000 per unit. While you lose customers your markup per unit goes thru the roof and they likely make even more revenue with less product. I can’t afford an $90,000 SUV, but I’m sure glad you and others can....because I’ll buy it off you in a few years for $40,000 lol! Someone has to buy these things new and take the big hit or there’d be none to buy!

Last edited:

Zig10

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have not seen payload or towing capacities anywhere. Where they mentioned?

I saw an article somewhere during the release that said the expected towing capacities would be about the same as last gen. That would be a pretty big miss if that's the case, since the GMs are about 1000 lbs shy of the Expy. For me, that is what actually got me to the Ford dealer to check them out.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Tahoe Forum post “GM’s Arlington facility runs 24 hours a day to meet demand for SUVs. What’s more, profit margins on large SUVs are thought to be as high as 30 per cent and according to Barclays, approximately 72 per cent of GM’s North American profit in 2018 came from large SUVs”

Last edited: