2021 XLT 202A 6 speaker system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rock 9

Reaction score
Just a quick question for the rear door speaker...If I replace the rear door speaker with a 3 way or component speaker, will it play the high frequency? I believe the speaker back there is playing lows only in the stock configuration. I'm just looking for a plug and play quick fix for right now.

Gonna eventually play with the Forscan EQ fix ive been reading about also.

Thanks

Defyant

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes the system a B&O premium system? Is the head unit more powerful? Amps? Subs? I know it has 12 speakers but are they higher quality?

I had good success in the past with a Mercury Marauder that had a Ford Escape Audiophile radio swap and upgraded speakers and sub.

My 2019 Mustang has B&O. Not truly impressed for the added expense.

WebbGem

Reaction score
@Rock 9 -- did you find a fix or did you end up changing your speakers with anything? I also have a '21 XLT 202a with 6 speakers looking to upgrade quickly. :)

OP
OP
Rock 9

Rock 9

Reaction score
Hey there, Actually I picked up some Alpine 2 way speakers for the rear and they pick up the highs fairly well. Made a big difference while sitting in the back seat. I also have 3 way 6x9’s for the front doors which I haven’t installed yet. All 4 speakers from Crutchfield for about 250. I plan on leaving the tweeters in the pillars hooked up to see if it improves the sound with the new front door speakers.
Thanks for all the input.

Redwater

Reaction score
I plan to install Amp and Subwoofer for 21 Ford Expedition XLT 6speakers by myself. But please give me an idea about location to ground when connect Amp with power. Thank you.

GGecko311

Reaction score
Hey there, Actually I picked up some Alpine 2 way speakers for the rear and they pick up the highs fairly well. Made a big difference while sitting in the back seat. I also have 3 way 6x9’s for the front doors which I haven’t installed yet. All 4 speakers from Crutchfield for about 250. I plan on leaving the tweeters in the pillars hooked up to see if it improves the sound with the new front door speakers.
Thanks for all the input.
I just picked up my 2022 XLT and I am about to do this as well. I cant decide on the Front doors. 6X9 woofer/component tweeter setup, 2way, or 3-way. How did your 6x9's turn out up front?

s1000pre

Reaction score
How far did you guys get? Is the rear pre wired for a sub? Can you purchase the oem sub and just plug it in?