2022 10R80 Transmission Clunky

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homeuser9

Reaction score
2022 exped max. 5000 miles. same thing too.... clunky just not all the time or consistent enough
I have a 2022 Exped Limited Stealth Performance with like 12k miles now. Noticed the clunk within first 4000 miles and have had it into the dealer twice for it but they can't recreate the problem. I'd love to hear what secret sauce someone's dealer cooked up to get this fixed or replaced.

homeuser9

Reaction score
I've experienced the same rough shifting behavior, especially in neighborhood driving at low speeds. Please reference TSB 21-2357. My dealer performed the services listed in the TSB. I haven't had an issue for 8 months.
Is yours a 2022 or 2023? That TSB only goes up to 2021 it seems...unless the dealership applied that TSB to your 2022.

shortcal

Reaction score
Just doing a quick search led me to this forum. My 2022 timberline had its transmission replaced at 4500 miles this spring when it went from hard shifting to getting stuck in park completely. Tried to having the car bought back or replaced by Ford who basically told me to pound sand. These issues are criminal for a car that’s 80k+

Hellwig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
rline had its transmission replaced at 4500 miles this spring when it went from hard shifting to
How does your new transmission behave? It's supposed to have a redesigned CDF drum, which might be the cause of those weird clunks.

OldSchoolMec

Reaction score
I had all of the same problems listed above and now my transmission is being rebuilt at 45k. It started out minor and they would tell me we reset the computer once it learns your driving style it will smooth out, then a new noise or clunk and they would say the same thing again. Then eventually I was going down the highway and the transmission just stoped working, I was going 75mph up a slight grade with traffic and for 20 seconds lost complete power from the transmission, then it finally kicked back in an acted normal. I again for the 10th time took it back in and they finally said the transmission is completely shot and are doing a full rebuild. Make sure you report all the problems and document the issues. There is a TSB 22-2145 out - 10R80 - Built on or before 29-Apr-2021. however they may need to extend this or check if your 22 was built in the current time frame. Best of luck!