2022 304a Dual Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mdecillis

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It technically isn't a true dual exhaust, it's a single exhaust with a dual tip exit.
"Technically" it is dual. I thought that it was single with just dual tips, but it's dual. But shares one resonator and muffler. This is an image of the Borla setup.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-22 140145.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-22 140145.png
    101.9 KB · Views: 22

ExpyNole

Reaction score
To me that's a little pseudo dual. Yes, there are two sets of pipes but they share a single muffler and a single resonator as they head back. Call me old school but typically when I think dual exhaust, I think more of two desperate paths, separate mufflers, resonators, etc. But i get it, even the some of the newer GM's just split off in front of the spare tire and look like dual with separate tips. That does look good though.

so maybe there's an X-pipe within the muffler?, but unless you've cut open the muffler and know it's a single chamber for both to flow into and out of (doesn't make sense because that'd be a mess for flow), you can't really say it isn't true dual, can you? Both with the rez and muffler.
Regardless, non 3.5 H.O. expy exhaust flow is tremendous, and this true dual is even better.

OP
OP
mdecillis

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So I reached out to Borla about the Navigator exhaust they have....Asked them if it would fit the Expedition with the 304a and they told me that it would NOT fit because the Expedition doesn't have dual exhaust. They obviously don't know about the 304a SPP, tried to explain it to them but they weren't having it. Even offered to ship my truck out there so they can test fit it and then they can market the same exhaust (without any engineering costs to them) to the SPP owners.

I had my Ford mechanic look up the exhaust for a 2018 Navigator and my SPP exhaust and he said they visually look the same except for the exhaust tips (chrome vs black I think).

Can anyone here confirm that they are the same? Both short wheelbase models. I would think that the chassis is exactly the same, including hanger locations, and Ford wouldn't re-engineer a new dual exhaust system just for the SPP when they already have one for the Navigator.

OP
OP
mdecillis

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe it's the same. I'd check part numbers. Has the same muffler for sure.
I'm to the point with Borla that I just want to prove to them that it's the same. To me they're being lazy and don't want to help verify that it would fit. They just rather say it doesn't fit.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm sure Ford just threw the Navigator Exhaust on the SPP. That and the normal Expeditions single exhaust are nothing alike. Sure they might use the same hangers, but the Navigator/SPP exhaust is dual the whole way. My normal Expedition is single.
I can see that a Borla Navigator unit "Might" fit an Expedition SPP, but I'm sure Ford changed something to f that easy swap up. lol

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01