2022 Center Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smokedragon83

Reaction score
Hello! I need some help with how to remove my center console on my 2022 Expedition. I had a Starbucks Coffee expload on me, and I need to clean the switches/buttons out well as I am getting some shorts on some of the buttons. I have searched the ends of Google and not had much luck other than it just snaps in? I was able to unsnap the back a bit, but it wouldn't budge past that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Infra246

Reaction score
I ran into this when one of the ford tech pinched my charging cable in the center console after he had removed it. I couldn't figure it out. I found a youtube video that shows a 2018 and all the guy does is open the arm rest and pull on the back off the center console. I was able to get it up enough to pull the cable out, but like you it seemed connected somewhere else up front and i was afraid to break it. There must be something different about 2022s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWCORqnEBP8

OP
OP
S

smokedragon83

Reaction score
Haha, yup same video I watched. I'm not sure what is holding it in. Shorts have seemed to dried themselves out, still would like to clean it up a bit...

Infra246

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt anything to spray isopropyl alcohol all over everything. The guy in the video makes the removal look so easy but it is not the case on the 2022.

Bonk

Reaction score
2022-23 center console: remove the side pieces by prying away from console horizontally. Then remove 4 bolts. Lifts up and out. Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_0346.jpeg
    IMG_0346.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0345.jpeg
    IMG_0345.jpeg
    139.5 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member