2022 Expedition Converted to 2023

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schaef36

Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 expedition in February. The dealer just sent me a message that it is getting converted to a 2023. They want me to sign papers changing the price to new 2023 prices. Since I ordered in February 2022 and they did not produce my vehicle shouldn’t my price stay the same? I am wondering what others have experienced with prices changing when ford has not been able to produce their vehicles in the year the vehicle was ordered.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered a 2022 expedition in February. The dealer just sent me a message that it is getting converted to a 2023. They want me to sign papers changing the price to new 2023 prices. Since I ordered in February 2022 and they did not produce my vehicle shouldn’t my price stay the same? I am wondering what others have experienced with prices changing when ford has not been able to produce their vehicles in the year the vehicle was ordered.
Contact Ford customer service in the AM and explain what is going on, then (nicely) ask about price protection for the 2023 converted order. You can use the "through no fault of your own" mindset to (calmly) push for a successful resolution on your part. If not, perhaps request a review from the next level up in their foodchain, or perhaps a "X" plan pin and price protection from that angle.

Bill

1badhabit

Reaction score
Ford has a very succinct price protection policy for retail orders. It's a 5 minute task for the dealer to do the paperwork and a 45 day wait for the dealer to be reimbursed. Don't let the dealer blow smoke up your tailpipe.

Hisurfernmi

Reaction score
Just an FYI, You may likely get price protection, but won't know until you purchase how that will look exactly. I had asked this question during 2022 when my order didn't come until after a price change. They said it should be protected, but had to wait till the certificate came up in the Smart Vincent system.

I also have a Bronco on order after a day 1 reservation. I was also told by this dealer they won't know what the price protection will look like till I'm ready to purchase.