2022 Expedition - Cracked Roof Panel; Cracked Lift gate Spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got a call from the one dealership that said that Ford rejected the claim at the beginning of January. They said that if you had paid to have the damage repaired that they would try to submit the cost to Ford to try to reimburse you.
The "try" better turn to "will" or Lawyers are involved

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
***Updated service action***

SSM 51369 2022-2023 Expedition - Liftgate Spoiler Contacting Roof In Freezing Temperatures - Built On Or Before 26-Jan-2023

Some 2022-2023 Expedition vehicles (not including Expedition MAX) built on or before 26-Jan-2023 may exhibit the liftgate spoiler contacting the roof during freezing temperatures when ice is present. This may be due to an insufficient margin between the liftgate spoiler and the roof at the roof center line area. To correct the condition, repair the spoiler and roof per Workshop Manual, Section 501-03/501-28. Make sure that the margin between the liftgate spoiler and the roof is a minimum of 6.5 mm at the roof centerline after liftgate adjustment. For claiming, use causal part 7844210.

Old Dog

Reaction score
***Updated service action***

SSM 51369 2022-2023 Expedition - Liftgate Spoiler Contacting Roof In Freezing Temperatures - Built On Or Before 26-Jan-2023

Some 2022-2023 Expedition vehicles (not including Expedition MAX) built on or before 26-Jan-2023 may exhibit the liftgate spoiler contacting the roof during freezing temperatures when ice is present. This may be due to an insufficient margin between the liftgate spoiler and the roof at the roof center line area. To correct the condition, repair the spoiler and roof per Workshop Manual, Section 501-03/501-28. Make sure that the margin between the liftgate spoiler and the roof is a minimum of 6.5 mm at the roof centerline after liftgate adjustment. For claiming, use causal part 7844210.

I wonder why the Expedition Max is not included.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have luck adjusting the spoiler panel themselves?
Service guide outlines how to remove it. But doesn’t show any adjustments to fix or modify the gap. It should be 9.3mm +/- 3mm.
Mine clocks in just under 6mm.
If I can’t get it adjusted myself I can always bring it in. Figured I would try it as sometimes these adjustments are pretty fast.

Old Dog

Reaction score
I'm too lazy to check the part diagram, but is the hatch the same. My max has a weather seal between the roof and the spoiler and the gap is a generous 12mm.
Same on mine and the weather strip is firmly attached.

m3olsen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm too lazy to check the part diagram, but is the hatch the same. My max has a weather seal between the roof and the spoiler and the gap is a generous 12mm.
Where do you measure the gap - at roofline with liftgate closed?

rdonald

Reaction score
We own a 2021 and had same issue this week. Cracked all the way thru molding and dented the roof. Took to dealership for recall repair and asked them to file claim. Obvious design issue.