2022 Expedition Order Guide attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know why the heavy duty engine radiator was removed?

Heavy-Duty Engine Radiator has been removed from the Heavy-
Duty Trailer Tow Package (536).

Page 2 under Major Product Changes.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you search the order guide .pdf for the term "radiator", the Heavy Duty Radiator appears to only be included as part of the Timberline Package as noted on page 13. Seems odd that Ford would require anyone that wants the benefits of the Heavy Duty Radiator for towing to have to select the Timberline Package.

Also checkout the "Transmission Underbody Shield" at the bottom of page 15. It says it will have late availability and be a dealer installed option as part of the Timberline Package. It's odd that it's not installed at the factory and it will be interesting to see if dealers will bolt up the Raptor transmission skid plate like many on the forum have done, or if Ford designs a new part for this purpose.

Last edited:

gdwade

Reaction score
Anyone have any insights to the Auto Start/Stop delete in the current order book? For example, on the Limited it's an option for all packages except 304A (Stealth Performance). It's also hard to find in all other trims (some have it, some don't like Timberline). Anyone know if it's going to be an option for all models for the time being, or only some?

gdwade

Reaction score
Oh I'm thrilled too, I want it, but it looks like you can't get it with the 304A, hence my question.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe it was temporary (the auto start/stop delete) due to the lack of computer chips. I am pretty sure you are no longer able to delete the start/stop function in 2022 Expy's.

gdwade

Reaction score
Go look at Page 18 of the order guide. It's optional for 301A, 302A and 303A. It's greyed out for 304A hence my question.

caplanm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I still think it is unavailable. If you look at the current order guide, it is not available for retail orders, which kinda makes me think that if you order a 2022, you won't have the option. I'm on board with everyone. I have a 2018 Platinum and I absolutely hate the stop/start feature. It goes against everything I know about cars. It stresses the battery, the starter, requires a supplemental pump to keep pressure in the transmission, not to mention the oil draining back in the pan. All for a tiny increase in fuel economy