2022 Expedition Order Guide attached

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Yeah, this will help slow down sales. I’m not paying 80+K for a vehicle without rear controls, massaging seats, autopark,etc. if I wanted a base model I would have ordered a base model.

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the removals apply to vehiceles already ordered, but not built?
Good question. I'm wondering the same. If I had to guess, I'd say it'll be all the vehicles produced going forward scheduled or not. My rational for that is they added Auto Start-Stop removal to my scheduled order with no input from me. I would expect the same here as well. If similar to the Explorer situation, the dealer will retrofit free of charge once the chips arrive at a later date. I think that is acceptable in my opinion if it allows my order to complete sooner. Hopefully we will hear more on it this week once the news organizations start reporting on it.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do the removals apply to vehiceles already ordered, but not built?

My understanding is that if you already ordered before all the removal, they won't affect t you, however, your vehicle probably already would need to be scheduled. If you hadn't ordered, the removals will most likely be apart of the order. The sketchy part is, a lot of ppl ordered way back when, but were never scheduled, so when they do get scheduled, will the removal be added?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
YGTSM!!!, now you have no 2nd row climate control & no heated seats?

No park assist

No massaging seats

Well, they can keep my order, I guess I'll have to settle for a Sequoia after all.

I have a feeling they are doing this so the 23s won't have any issues with parts or chips. Hopefully, this will all be settled by then. Gell, if you still haven't been scheduled, the 23 order banks open in july, so might as well go that route. And it'll be around the same time the sequoia is released.

RetiredSOB

Reaction score
Gell, if you still haven't been scheduled, the 23 order banks open in july, so might as well go that route. And it'll be around the same time the sequoia is released.
Good point, I wonder if they would honor all of my discounts on a 2023? By then the interest rates will be so hi I might just keep my 2019.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
GM is doing the same thing. They are stripping a lot of premium features (no parking sensors, heated seats, etc) so safe bet to assume ford can do this without much risk. And that’s on top of the line yukon Denali
Also, for everyone banking on 2023’s I would ask, “what will change?” Both CEO’s said this won’t clear up for at least a year, maybe longer.