2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
this is now out of control. Spoke with my dealer showing July 28th from July 17th. I am guessing it will be pushed back to August. If Ford does not give me a big discount on this, they can keep it.
Unfortunately for the buyer they don't care because they know they can sell them so fast for more money.

cpeckvtpcs235

Reaction score
Unfortunately for the buyer they don't care because they know they can sell them so fast for more money.
maybe, mine is being dropped shipped to a dealer in Orlando, not the dealer I ordered from. I just spoke with the dealer in Orlando, very hard to sell special orders to someone other then the person that ordered it. They have to be 80% or above sales going to who ordered it, or they lose an entire month of allocation.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those who are waiting, are you unable to find a similar configured model at a dealer?

Tripoli

Reaction score
For those who are waiting, are you unable to find a similar configured model at a dealer?
Not even close, but I ordered a Stealth Performance Package. My local DFW dealers have ZERO stock. Also, I’m picky, which another reason why I placed a custom order.

chaffdb

Reaction score
Ours just moved to production and I have window sticker(s) now. Both are identical (story below) and in addition to the Auto Stop-Start Removal that we selected, it looks like we are only losing the Hands Free Liftgate (and saving $55; gee, thanks, Ford).

Both are identical - Limited Max 4X2, 302A, HD Trailer Tow, CCD w/susp road preview, Advanced Cargo Manager. No 15" screen.

The one I actually ordered was confirmed on 2/18 and via email on 4/7 was scheduled for production the week of 6/20. No further email, but showing in production today and window sticker visible for the first time. As for the second, when I was calling to check prices, a dealer near me placed an order without my permission or consent that was confirmed via email on 2/11. He was supposed to just be providing a price. He did that, too, and it's almost $2500 higher than the dealer I did order from about a week later. Interestingly, the email for this one came in a few minutes later on 4/7 stating a production week of 6/20. Despite being ordered a week earlier, it has a VIN with a higher number than the later ordered one. I guess it was the priority code or maybe the pull of the dealer. I had considered trying to contact Ford and cancel the one I didn't want to place, but it was suggested on here to keep it just in case. The dealer didn't seem to care when I told him I was going with someone else for a better price. He'll just sell it on the lot and knows it will sell, but it irks me still. Just doesn't seem right.
Good grief.

On 7/1, at 2:37am, I received an email that our Limited Max 4x2 is built. Except it is the one I didn't order (see above, dealer placed order on 2/11 while pricing for me, and his price was fairly significantly higher).

At 7:10pm on the same day, I get the following message about the identical vehicle I DID order on 2/18 from another dealer:
We understand it has been too long since you last heard from us. Just wanted to give you an update on the status of your Expedition Limited order. While production of your vehicle was projected to begin the week of June 20, 2022, supply chain challenges continue to cause delays and uncertainty.

This is frustrating, we get it. We want nothing more than to get your Ford up on the line and start assembling it. And we will continue to work hard to reduce the delays to try to get you on the road in your new vehicle soon.

We’ll be sure to keep you updated as we get more information, at least once every 45 days. Hang in there. We really do appreciate your patience and understanding.

The next day, 7/2, at 4:40am, I get an email saying the one that is built has shipped and is on its way. Current estimate for delivery is be‍tween August 1 an‍d August 7.

Very frustrating. Meanwhile I'm getting emails about ordering a '23 Ford (other models, not Expedition yet). This has been very frustrating, to say the least, and I read some of your stories, and there are many that are even worse. Just rented a '21 Suburban for a family vacation (because all of the Expeditions are pulled due to the recall about catching fire). The rental cost about 80% of the difference between the one I ordered and the one I didn't.

golden1

Reaction score
nothing to be had in my configuration anywhere close by. And even if I go for a lesser trim level, which I don’t want, I’d still be paying close to, if not more than, what I have ordered.

aryantes

Reaction score
I'm new to this ridiculous car market and recently reserved a Limited MAX that is supposedly "In Transit" to a dealer in Ohio. I'm in Virginia but the spec I wanted had me using that ford inventory search in 500 mile radiuses with a zip code from every state.

I had to pay for a few options I didn't really want and a $1500 market adjustment (most dealers have some adjustment for unreserved/ "dealer ordered" cars it seems), but it has all of the other options I did want.

If I'm lucky, the car gets here to the dealer within the next month and I fly up there and drive it home. All in all... spending way more on the car than I wanted to and I have to go get it and drive home 6+ hours and spend gas money but I have little choice since the order banks are closed and I'd have to wait a whole year for one.

GTRedneck

Reaction score
Or with price increases and markups it’s just not reasonable to buy one off the lot. I have a platinum on order and I would be looking at $8K more than my x-plan order to take one off a lot with the same options.

rallyhard

Reaction score
Or with price increases and markups it’s just not reasonable to buy one off the lot. I have a platinum on order and I would be looking at $8K more than my x-plan order to take one off a lot with the same options.
Yep, it would be $6k more for me to get a similarly optioned Timberline off a lot from a dealer that doesn’t care to work with my x-plan.