2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chaffdb

Reaction score
Updated to add that one of the two has supposedly arrived at the dealership:

2/8 - Requested X plan pricing from a local dealer
2/10 - Received quote and was not happy with pricing. Began contacting other dealers for competitive pricing and received better prices almost immediately.
2/11 - Email saying First Order confirmed by local dealer (without permission/request). Informed local dealer would not be purchasing unless price was lowered. Came down some, but ultimately received a better quote from another dealer a short drive from us.
2/17 - Placed Order with second dealer that offered better X plan price by about $2500 initially, although first dealer later reduced to just under $2k more
2/18 - Email that Second Order confirmed
4/7 - Emails for both orders saying they are busy working to get into production, will keep us updated, etc.
4/28 - Email for Second Order arrives saying scheduled for production the week of 6/20, VIN assigned ending in 2795.
4/28 - A few minutes later, email for First Order arrives saying also scheduled for production the week of 6/20, VIN assigned identical other than last three digits, ending in 2856.
6/22 - Checked tracker and both shown in production. Window stickers available and identical. In addition to the Auto Stop-Start Removal that we selected (-$50), we lost the Hands Free Liftgate (and are saving $55; gee, thanks, Ford).
7/1 - Email that First Order, 2856, is built.
7/1 - Email that Second Order, 2795, did not go into production due to supply chain delays and will keep us updated.
7/2 - Email that First Order, 2856, is shipped. Estimated arrival at dealer given as 8/1 to 8/7
7/21 - Logged in to tracker and Second Order, 2795, is marked built. Window sticker no longer available for some reason.
7/22 - Email that Second Order, 2795, is built. A few hours later a second email arrived saying it is shipped. Estimated arrival at dealer given as 8/5 to 8/11.
7/25 - Window sticker for Second Order, 2795, again available and nothing appears to have changed from a quick review.
8/5 - First Order/2856, showing as having arrived at dealership, within the original estimate given of 8/1-8/7, and in the process of "Final Preparation" by dealership. No contact from dealer at this point and not listed on their website.

Curious now if the Second/2795 will arrive on schedule, which would be within the next two days, or how much longer we'll be waiting, as that is the one we intend to purchase.

Skud

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Ford Marketing.

My build week was 8/1. Went "In Production" on 8/4, but no movement since. Ford marketing said it's on microchip hold with an ETA at the dealer on 8/24 (subject to change). No information on what they're waiting for.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Ford Marketing.

My build week was 8/1. Went "In Production" on 8/4, but no movement since. Ford marketing said it's on microchip hold with an ETA at the dealer on 8/24 (subject to change). No information on what they're waiting for.
are you showing any modules yet? I was build date of 8/6 but marketing had a ETA TBD and still no modules populating.

Skud

Reaction score
are you showing any modules yet? I was build date of 8/6 but marketing had a ETA TBD and still no modules populating.
Yes, I have a long list of modules. I think they showed on 8/5.

GTRedneck

Reaction score
Yes, I have a long list of modules. I think they showed on 8/5.
I was scheduled to day for 8/5 but no modules yet. My salesperson was off today but he said he would check on their end in the AM. On Sunday ford marketing said no ETA.

Jsmiley311

Reaction score
Ordered confirmed 4/25 for Forged Green Platinum 4x4. Build week 8/15, but pushed to 8/22, which is my birthday, so hopefully Ford gets me a present within the month! I know lots of you waited a looooot longer, but still got my fingers crossed!!

Tyra

Reaction score
Ordered confirmed 4/25 for Forged Green Platinum 4x4. Build week 8/15, but pushed to 8/22, which is my birthday, so hopefully Ford gets me a present within the month! I know lots of you waited a looooot longer, but still got my fingers crossed!!
When did they notify you that your date got pushed? I have a build week of 8/15 also. Was originally scheduled week of 8/8, pushed to 8/29 and couple weeks ago emailed it was moved back up to 8/15. Have heard noting else.

Beachums

Reaction score
When did they notify you that your date got pushed? I have a build week of 8/15 also. Was originally scheduled week of 8/8, pushed to 8/29 and couple weeks ago emailed it was moved back up to 8/15. Have heard noting else.
My VIN populated as of today on the Ford Tracking site.

Jsmiley311

Reaction score
I had to call marketing today to get the info… got impatient waiting on dealer update, and marketing says they are unable to attach my email to order, so I call every couple weeks. Who the heck knows anymore! Haha! Hope our rides get built 8/15!!