2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
While my order was from 2/22 I would still say it’s a question of if you are getting the features you want and how long you plan to keep it. The price will be much cheaper than a 2023 (unless your order gets rolled over with price protection).
100%

My latest sticker price is nearly $10,000 more than my agreed price and $4k more than my otd even with high taxes in Texas.

GTRedneck

Reaction score
I had originally planned to order a 2023 in May when orders were first supposed to open in hopes of getting a platinum with all the options, but with all the price increases and what’s I’ll also probably be a YoY model price increase I am happy my 2022 is finally in production.

GTRedneck

Reaction score
My 2/11 order (Platinum 4WD) was built 8/15! So 10 day delay from the originally scheduled 8/5. Now fingers crossed no shipping delays!

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My 2/11 order (Platinum 4WD) was built 8/15! So 10 day delay from the originally scheduled 8/5. Now fingers crossed no shipping delays!

Mine completed too, no modules as of 12 pm yesterday and suddenly this AM it all populates and says built. Let's hope the transportation to Texas is timely.

1660655764342.png

CGalex

Reaction score
so I ended up with 2 removals

auto stop/start, which I almost always disable since its annoying.
hands free lift gate which on a Pacifica never worked for me. worked for everyone else in house, juts not me.

received email 6/30/11 that says mine is scheduled for production week of 8/8 (last week)

checked site with link in that email on 8/5 and status was "in production" and says takes a few days and to view sticker on link on page. sticker took until 8/6 to actually show but as of 8/16, status is still "in production" I hope they are not just teasing with fake update to tell people what they want to hear by saying "in production" and that its actually being built.

sticker price on my order jumped quite a bit from order sheet at dealer to sticker for my VIN. I am buying with X plan so that should bring it back down to 73-74K ish. plus $1000 deposit and $1000 military deal drops it even more.

Alex

Attachments

• windowsticker.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 13

CGalex

Reaction score
My 2/11 order (Platinum 4WD) was built 8/15! So 10 day delay from the originally scheduled 8/5. Now fingers crossed no shipping delay
great news. my order was 3/10 and my production schedule email says week of 8/8. have past that now, but hoping mine follows how yours did and just off by a week-ish

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
sticker price on my order jumped quite a bit from order sheet at dealer to sticker for my VIN. I am buying with X plan so that should bring it back down to 73-74K ish. plus $1000 deposit and $1000 military deal drops it even more.
Not sure if you are aware but you are price protected at the time of order. It doesn't matter what the final sticker says. Don't let the dealer screw you over.

expygirl2022

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for all the posts as they have been helpful through the drawn out order to build process. Expedition Platinum Ordered 2/25. Original production date 7/25 then bumped to 8/1 in May. I received the generic email a lot of other folks got last week too. Mine popped as built yesterday too. Disappointed in the MCS delete, told the dealer I wanted to wait but as many other have experienced Ford deleted it anyway. I don't really care about the park assist as I have it now but have never used it. The hands free liftgate removal, ugh that is a hard one. I read in a post back a bit that it is supposed to be retro-able when the chips are in. Does anyone have a hard feel on this, will they really retro the hands free liftgate?

AJ82

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The hands free liftgate removal, ugh that is a hard one. I read in a post back a bit that it is supposed to be retro-able when the chips are in. Does anyone have a hard feel on this, will they really retro the hands free liftgate?
Back on June 6th, ice-capades over at Blue Oval posted the following:

"Future vehicle orders may have the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option added to avoid any delays in scheduling. The option code for this feature delete is:
18D – Escape
96X – Explorer
98D – Expedition

Vehicles built with the Hands-Free Power Liftgate Feature Delete option will not be retrofitted to add the Hands-Free capability in the future."

I haven't seen any updates on that topic since so I assume that is still Ford's position.

giudi1md

Reaction score
I ordered on 12/29/21 and am supposedly scheduled for production the week after Labor Day. No updates or emails from ford

It’s been a long wait.