2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Expway

Reaction score
Have people had success with getting dealers to honor X plan pricing and price protection/any related advice? My Limited Max is scheduled to be built next week (ordered 2/28) and I'm wondering how things may play out when it finally arrives.

Last edited:

HtownHog

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for all the posts as they have been helpful through the drawn out order to build process. Expedition Platinum Ordered 2/25. Original production date 7/25 then bumped to 8/1 in May. I received the generic email a lot of other folks got last week too. Mine popped as built yesterday too. Disappointed in the MCS delete, told the dealer I wanted to wait but as many other have experienced Ford deleted it anyway. I don't really care about the park assist as I have it now but have never used it. The hands free liftgate removal, ugh that is a hard one. I read in a post back a bit that it is supposed to be retro-able when the chips are in. Does anyone have a hard feel on this, will they really retro the hands free liftgate?

Just to clarify the removal is the kick sensor under the bumper only, not the removal of the power lift gate functionality itself.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have people had success with getting dealers to honor X plan pricing and price protection/any related advice? My Limited Max is scheduled to be built next week (ordered 2/28) and I'm wondering how things may play out when it finally arrives.
Yes, and yes, if you have a written contract already with the X plan pricing listed on it.

Bill

Tyra

Reaction score
Well at least I got an update, was supposed to be built this week but when the window sticker never showed up I assumed it was getting bumped. Hope they actually build next week.

Attachments

• 32CAB9EF-06A1-4469-AF4B-34E0DFBE2385.jpeg
    32CAB9EF-06A1-4469-AF4B-34E0DFBE2385.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 7

eamatherne

Reaction score
Same here mine got bumped from 8/22/2022 to 8/29/2022. Not confident it will happen that week either. Ive been bumped numerous times.

Attachments

• EXPY.jpg
    EXPY.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 10

expygirl2022

Reaction score
Just to clarify the removal is the kick sensor under the bumper only, not the removal of the power lift gate functionality itself.
Yes, I understand it is the kick sensor. I use it regularly in my 2019, someone thought it would be good idea to move the button from the left hand side to the liftgate itself since at least 2019. In my other Expeditons, I used to have the last bit to unload next to the button, I could push it and then grab the last bit of stuff. With the button now in the top of the liftgate, I need the kick sensor otherwise I have to unload then go back out or get my hands on the key fob to close. For my use it is something to consider, I have seen others post they have had trouble activating the kick sensor when they hook up a trailer. Never had that issue and I have the heavy-duty tow on my 2019 and coming on the 2022.