2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTRedneck

Reaction score
Also, my dealer offered 1.9% for 36-months from Ford Credit. I have seen some people post in various forums that they had to ask about the offering but they offered it up front to me. Just wanted to mention it may be out there for anyone buying soon!

Jbouts2020

Reaction score
I called marketing today to get a status update on my order, they told me that it's in pending status and no ETA is showing on their end, has this happened to anyone? For context I ordered the Stealth in November, window sticker was released 3/23/2022 and went off chip hold in July, its been awaiting shipment for 3 months now .

chaffdb

Reaction score
Tracking info says ours has arrived at the dealer.

This one was ordered and confirmed on 2/18.
4/28 - Email saying scheduled for production the week of 6/20, VIN assigned ending in 2795.
6/22 - Tracker showed in production. Window sticker available and identical. In addition to the Auto Stop-Start Removal that we selected (-$50), we lost the Hands Free Liftgate (and are saving $55; gee, thanks, Ford).
7/1 - Email that it did not go into production due to supply chain delays and will keep us updated.
7/21 - Logged in to tracker it was marked built. Window sticker no longer available for some reason.
7/22 - Email that it is built. A few hours later a second email arrived saying it is shipped. Estimated arrival at dealer given as 8/5 to 8/11.
7/25 - Window sticker again available and nothing appears to have changed from a quick review.
Didn't arrive within the window provided.
8/16 - Email updating estimated arrival to 8/24 to 8/30.
Again didn't arrive within the window provided.
9/6 - Email updating estimated arrival to 9/7 to 9/13.
9/7 - Tracker says arrived at dealer and undergoing final preparation. I am waiting on a call back now.

CGalex

Reaction score
I called marketing today to get a status update on my order, they told me that it's in pending status and no ETA is showing on their end, has this happened to anyone? For context I ordered the Stealth in November, window sticker was released 3/23/2022 and went off chip hold in July, its been awaiting shipment for 3 months now .
The unknown ETA of when my order will come out of chip hold and even more unknown ETA of shipping after that, is why I abandoned my 3/10/2022 order and just started pinging dealers anywhere in VA for a dark color limited stealth 4x4 until I found and bought a dark matter gray limited max stealth to replace my ordered stone blue limited stealth regular wheelbase. I had to drive 5 hour round trip to get it and paid more for a max vs. regular but its in my driveway instead of sitting at KY speedway. hope you have better results from ford soon.

CGalex

Reaction score
Tracking info says ours has arrived at the dealer.

This one was ordered and confirmed on 2/18.
4/28 - Email saying scheduled for production the week of 6/20, VIN assigned ending in 2795.
6/22 - Tracker showed in production. Window sticker available and identical. In addition to the Auto Stop-Start Removal that we selected (-$50), we lost the Hands Free Liftgate (and are saving $55; gee, thanks, Ford).
7/1 - Email that it did not go into production due to supply chain delays and will keep us updated.
7/21 - Logged in to tracker it was marked built. Window sticker no longer available for some reason.
7/22 - Email that it is built. A few hours later a second email arrived saying it is shipped. Estimated arrival at dealer given as 8/5 to 8/11.
7/25 - Window sticker again available and nothing appears to have changed from a quick review.
Didn't arrive within the window provided.
8/16 - Email updating estimated arrival to 8/24 to 8/30.
Again didn't arrive within the window provided.
9/6 - Email updating estimated arrival to 9/7 to 9/13.
9/7 - Tracker says arrived at dealer and undergoing final preparation. I am waiting on a call back now.
I'm curious as to what final prep really is? I gave up on my order and went and found one on my own that was as close to my order as I could find on a lot. If I had stuck with my order I was going to tell my dealer I don't want any of their dealer mark up add-ons like nitrogen fill tires, pin stripping or appearance packages or any of the other extras they like to do to add to cost on a supplemental sticker. Since I had already put money down on the order I configured and was price locked I expected to only get what I ordered, nothing more.

anyone know if their order gets anything added at dealership that jacks price up?

Alex

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm curious as to what final prep really is? I gave up on my order and went and found one on my own that was as close to my order as I could find on a lot. If I had stuck with my order I was going to tell my dealer I don't want any of their dealer mark up add-ons like nitrogen fill tires, pin stripping or appearance packages or any of the other extras they like to do to add to cost on a supplemental sticker. Since I had already put money down on the order I configured and was price locked I expected to only get what I ordered, nothing more.

anyone know if their order gets anything added at dealership that jacks price up?

Alex
Final prep is usually what dealers do to all their new arrivals to get them ready for delivery. Taking out all plastic, enabling all features in the vehicle systems, tag bracket assembly, etc. When my 18 was delivered back when I got it(ordered as well), it took a long 6 hrs to get it prepped for take home.

CGalex

Reaction score
Final prep is usually what dealers do to all their new arrivals to get them ready for delivery. Taking out all plastic, enabling all features in the vehicle systems, tag bracket assembly, etc. When my 18 was delivered back when I got it(ordered as well), it took a long 6 hrs to get it prepped for take home.
that makes sense. I just know they love adding supplements to blue sticker cars for sure.

Alex

Tyra

Reaction score
My truck has finally made it to Minnesota! Now to see how long it takes to go the 23 miles to the dealer.

PhoenixRizez

Reaction score
I realize they’re completely different companies and vehicles, but…

I ordered my Expy on 3/30, scheduled for production 8/14, delayed to 9/26. Assuming it gets built as scheduled I’ll get it sometime in October. And they deleted 3 options.

My friend ordered his custom Dodge Charger on 8/27, it’s scheduled for build this week and has a scheduled shipping date of 9/20 (before mine is scheduled for build). No options deleted.

So he’ll probably get his car before me, yet he ordered it 5 months after me! I get that there are supply chain issues and chip shortages, but what the heck are they doing differently over there to get their cars out so much faster? This isn’t just whining, I’d really like to know what would cause such a huge disparity; this isn’t a week or two difference, it’s 5 months difference!

8131full

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered mine in March. Got a VIN. 'Scheduled' for production next week (yeah, right). Once its delayed again, at what point will it get converted to a 2023?