2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I ordered my Expy on 3/30, scheduled for production 8/14, delayed to 9/26. Assuming it gets built as scheduled I’ll get it sometime in October. And they deleted 3 options.
You're doing better than me — ordered my Platinum 1/20, just got a VIN last week, scheduled build 10/3.

CGalex

Reaction score
I ordered mine in March. Got a VIN. 'Scheduled' for production next week (yeah, right). Once its delayed again, at what point will it get converted to a 2023?
I think 9/22 was a date I saw a few weeks ago. if you are not scheduled or at least started "in production" by that date/week you should be notified you have been carried over to MY2023. I assume Ford will run MY2022's down the line until end of that week and place many in chip hold and then stop the line to re-tool/re-program the line for MY2023 models.

chaffdb

Reaction score
Final prep is usually what dealers do to all their new arrivals to get them ready for delivery. Taking out all plastic, enabling all features in the vehicle systems, tag bracket assembly, etc. When my 18 was delivered back when I got it(ordered as well), it took a long 6 hrs to get it prepped for take home.
I was told the dealer needed "about 24 hours" to remove plastic and protective stuff from hauling and to "run it through the service department and inspect it for damage."

momcarx3

Reaction score
I have a few questions....

My dealer called me today and told me that my 1/25 order date, 2022 limited max stealth 303A order is not going to get a scheduling date and that I need to place a new 2023 order...
1. Are the 2022s not rolling over into a 2023?

Of course like everything pricing went up.... its almost a $3500 price difference between my 2022 order and my 2023 order. It's the same exact order, nothing changed from the 2022s to the 2023s on my order.
2. Am I not price protected on my original 2022 price?

He also said that Ford *might* give me a rebate check for the $3500 dollar difference but he could not promise me anything...and to just plan on that 2023 final price he sent me this morning...

Has anyone else experienced this?

kskoetting

Reaction score
Went into the dealer today to get my trade in value and get some paperwork started (now that my truck has been shipped they would give me a value). Even though my info says convoy, the dealer shows it is coming by rail and gave me a car #. I know someone posted previously there was a place to track your rail car. Could someone repost for me? Thanks!
Do you know which rail company it is on? CSX or UP?

kskoetting

Reaction score
Where do you find the Ford Marketing phone #? Mine now says in transit with a 9/17-9/23 ETA. I am wanting to track it on the RAIL but don’t have the rail car # or anything. This has been a very long process and has definitely become a game for me!! Thanks for any information.
My Expedition was delivered by rail to OKC today (9/8). Such a relief! My ETA at the dealership (in OKC) is still 9/17-9/23. Has anyone had their Expedition delivered in OKC and how long did it take to get to the dealership? Thanks!

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Of course like everything pricing went up.... its almost a $3500 price difference between my 2022 order and my 2023 order. It's the same exact order, nothing changed from the 2022s to the 2023s on my order.
2. Am I not price protected on my original 2022 price?

He also said that Ford *might* give me a rebate check for the $3500 dollar difference but he could not promise me anything...and to just plan on that 2023 final price he sent me this morning...
I was told by my dealer that if you have a submitted order for a '22 that Ford rolls over to a '23, Ford must give you the same pricing as the '22 you ordered.

29twonine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well I finally got around to calling Ford, last update on our Expedition was that it was loaded last week, but not assigned a rail car yet. Still shows estimated to dealer Sept 19-25th. We'll see!!

Tyra

Reaction score
Well I finally got around to calling Ford, last update on our Expedition was that it was loaded last week, but not assigned a rail car yet. Still shows estimated to dealer Sept 19-25th. We'll see!!
Once mine got a rail car # shipping went really fast. Got my rail car # from the dealer last Friday and it was in my state Wednesday morning. Now I wait to see how long it takes to go the 23 miles from the rail yard to the dealer.