2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnSC

Full Access Members
Reaction score
X-Plan is 2% over true dealer cost (there are processes in place to keep the dealer honest here) at time the contract is signed by both the buyer and the dealer. If a price increase occurs, the original price is protected.

As stated before, Ford will kick back 6% to the dealer, for taking the X-Plan order (not all dealers will) after delivery so that the dealer makes an honest 8% on the sale. There may be additional internal benefits to the dealership, depending on how many "plan" orders they write and successfully deliver in a calendar year.

Bill S.
Thanks for all the discussion. We just recently moved (800 miles, different state) and it was really expensive to bring a car into South Carolina so we sold one of them rather than paying the $800-$900 it would have cost to register it here on top of $750 to ship it. So we are suffering with one car right now. The intent was always to replace that one with an Expedition (or something else in the class that can tow 6000-8000 pounds safely) to let us do a bit of traveling.

So anything that delays the arrival of another vehicle is not gong to be welcome. I checked a lot of dealers in SC before finding one that would honor the x-plan on a factory order (none would talk about it on an in stock vehicle). So I am really tied to this dealer and this order. I will have a long talk with them about future business if I get any bad decisions when the vehicle gets here.

DRW315

Reaction score
I HAVE A WINDOW STICKER!!

Sorry for yelling, I'm excited. Getting optimistic that I actually might get in on these last MY2022 builds (I'm scheduled for next week)

dhuston99

Reaction score
Is there a Ford number to call to inquire on my build? Originally got a build date of 8/22, then 8/29, then 9/5. The tracker changed to In production on 9/1 or so but has no date listed. Dealer says my build was pushed to 9/12 but I did not get an email stating that. Just wondering why is has shown as In Production for over a week now. Thank for any help

Skud

Reaction score
So my dealer just had another 304a max show up. Looks to be built about a month AFTER mine, but mine is still awaiting shipment..

This really doesn't make any sense. Ford just keeps giving me new ETAs. Dealer just says it's been released for shipment.

Skud

Reaction score
So my dealer just had another 304a max show up. Looks to be built about a month AFTER mine, but mine is still awaiting shipment..

This really doesn't make any sense. Ford just keeps giving me new ETAs. Dealer just says it's been released for shipment.
This morning I got an email that it was shipped. Maybe Ford is reading these forums. ;)