2022 Expedition - Schedule for production ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve3591

Reaction score
Yesterday was 10 months to the day for my platinum black black second row bench heavy tow 4x2. It’s replacing my 07 limited el with just 118000 miles.
The 22s are an unbelievable car with all that is in it. I hope that you all will enjoy your new one as much as we do and that your wait will be short.

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
I'm into my 7th month on my 2022 Expedition Max Limited in White with Mahogany interior, 2nd row captains chairs. I was told to expect 3-4 months from order to delivery, and since that time the dealer has said the delay is likely due to the Mahogany interior color selection.
Our truck is allegedly being built next week, after 4 schedule slides since the end of September (when a mid-Oct date was communicated to me). I see it as increasingly likely that I won't take delivery of this 2022 vehicle until 2023; A friend of mine has been waiting on his completed F-150 Tremor to ship since the end of September, with little explanation from Ford. Disappointed by their inability to forecast and hold to a date, as well as the inconsistent and vague communication. Wife and I are seriously considering cancelling at this point.

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
1/21 order: after several pushed-back production/shipping/delivery estimates (the latest delivery estimate was 11/21), my Platinum finally arrived at the dealer today, going to pick it up tomorrow.
Dark Matter Gray/Carmello

Attachments

• Expedition delivered 1.jpeg
    Expedition delivered 1.jpeg
    191.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Expedition delivered 2.jpeg
    Expedition delivered 2.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 24

nationalgallery

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Picked it up today (6 mi. on the odometer, so no pre-delivery joyride). Really a beautiful car, and looks very impressive in person. Handling, performance, features all excellent. The only thing I would have preferred is a better quality leather; the Platinum has the upgraded 'luxury leather,' but it's definitely not as supple as the leather in the Navigator I traded in. The Carmelo color is beautiful, though. Outstanding experience with the dealer, from start to finish.

Attachments

• IMG_8321.JPG
    IMG_8321.JPG
    204.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8323.JPG
    IMG_8323.JPG
    173.1 KB · Views: 24

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Our car is finally in production- hoping we avoid the delivery delays post-production that I know have plagued so many. Love your truck Nationalgallery, looks great-- enjoy!

rbeauch

Reaction score
Picked up my 2022 Expedition limited today. Ordered on 2/25, built 11/12, received 11/22. Very happy so far.

CorvetteGuy88

Reaction score
Got the call that our Expedition is finally at the dealer. Ordered 4/12, Built 11/22, delivery planned for tomorrow. Will enjoy my 29 days of having a current model year car :D

CGalex

Reaction score
I have long since abandoned my 3/10/22 order and got my deposit back and went and found a stealth limited max with same and actually more features than what I had ordered back in AUG 2022 when Ford put my order on chip hold back in AUG. it finally finished in SEP and shipped in NOV and arrived around early DEC at dealer and when I stalked the dealership inventory last week and had the chat tech check the availability of the VIN last week, it was still there. not surprising since I had an in writing price lock with x plan price of $63K and they are trying to sell it for $77K sticker and that's without them showing the dealer added supplemental sticker I'm sure they have added with the usual dealer BS of nitro fill tires, pin stripping, and alarm/anti theft, and other useless mark ups.

mdecillis

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not surprising since I had an in writing price lock with x plan price of $63K and they are trying to sell it for $77K sticke
63K is way lower than the x-plan price on a 77k MSRP vehicle. Did you negotiate a lower price?

bjjford

Reaction score
At least yours shows shipped. I just looked at the website you mentioned, my last email from ford told me to expect delivery between 7/6-7/12, but the order track shows I’m awaiting shipment. What’s even more discouraging is that it’s been awaiting shipment for 24 days, but the longest wait is like 75 days…
I've been awaiting shipment for 130 days and still counting...it's pretty frustrating and about ready to walk away. Have you gotten yours yet?