2022 Expedition Stealth Performance Package Towing Capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rk21

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 2022 Expedition Stealth Performance Package will have an effect on the max towing capacity?
I didn't know if you could still expect the 9200 lb capacity on the "sport tuned suspension" even if you order the max tow package.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 2022 Expedition Stealth Performance Package will have an effect on the max towing capacity?
I didn't know if you could still expect the 9200 lb capacity on the "sport tuned suspension" even if you order the max tow package.

If you order the HD tow in addition to the 304a stealth performance package you get 9200 lbs of tow capacity on standard length.
You lose the active park assist. But gain the pro trailer backup.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you order the HD tow in addition to the 304a stealth performance package you get 9200 lbs of tow capacity on standard length.
You lose the active park assist. But gain the pro trailer backup.
Why would you lose the Active Park Assist? The other 4th Gens can have both. Would be dumb for the 22's to not have that?

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The active park assist delete I think it's because of how the new pro trailer assist program works with the pedal system. It probably overrides the other electronic programs now that both new trailer assist and park assist 2.0 affects the brakes and accelerator unlike park assist 1.0.

Polo08816

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would think that sport tuned suspension would imply a higher spring rate than normal if the springs are different from a standard Expedition.

It's usually the off-road editions that one should be concerned about.

Either way, I'm curious what the "sport tuned suspension" actually entails.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You would think that sport tuned suspension would imply a higher spring rate than normal if the springs are different from a standard Expedition.

It's usually the off-road editions that one should be concerned about.

Either way, I'm curious what the "sport tuned suspension" actually entails.
Its probably going to ride like a Dump-truck like my 18 Black Label Navigator did with its stiffer suspension. Hope not, but Ford's known for swapping from their parts bin....

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Someone has one with sport tuned ccd already, he said so far its better than the current ccd set up.