2022 Expedition Timberline -- Lift Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GBrewner

Reaction score
Rough Country told me yesterday the lift will fit as long as it does not have the CCD. Neither the RC, nor the Ready Lift websites state the Timberline incompatibility, as they did previously. So is it clear to purchase these for the Timberlines?

Lumberjack

Reaction score
The problem you will have there is it won’t give you any additional clearance/lift. The timberline comes with a small lift from the factory. Ford didn’t use a spacer they used what they had for an f150 Tremor. Ford like any other manufacturer uses items over and over for different vehicles. When they are trying to make a new platform they aren’t building one off parts if they can source something from their own parts shelf.

My understanding is they used the Tremor shock tower and the softer expedition coils for a nicer ride. The coils sit higher on the tower giving it slightly more lift. All of the components in the front suspension are a 1-1 swap for the f150. If you need a stronger spring to make up for weight, stick with the F150 springs.

There is another Timberline on this forum that swapped a raptor 37 front suspension under his, threw 2” spacers in the rear and is running the rough country kit to relocate the rear to center. He has 37s on his and it looks great.

I am currently working with a company to swap mine over using a kit they already have for the f150 tremor. The ride will be stiffer because of the heavier springs but I need that to make up for my 12k winch and roof top tent. The rear for now will be the rough country system until we can work a new system out.

The reason some of us picked this platform is because they are less common. No big suspension company wants to spend thousands of dollars recreating a system from scratch for a small market. We have to think outside the box.

jp3_construction

Reaction score
Rough country now has a lift and I highly recommend it I have done some highway speeds some triple digit speeds been in the twisties and been off-road sand snow to mud great kit!

Attachments

• 20240204_141909.jpg
    20240204_141909.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360