2022 Expedition XLT ordered today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firstexpidition

Reaction score
Hey! New to group. I ordered my '22 expedition on 1/18. I'm still waiting on a VIN. Am I really looking a 6 month wait for delivery?

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey! New to group. I ordered my '22 expedition on 1/18. I'm still waiting on a VIN. Am I really looking a 6 month wait for delivery?
Did you order one with the rear entertainment system? If so, you could be waiting that long

murrdawg50

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thankfully, no.
Alright, then you’ll probably fair pretty well as long as the chip short lags doesn’t get worse. I ordered mine on 1/3 and didn’t get an email with a VIN, order number, production schedule until last Thursday, 2/3. My production week went from 3/7 to 3/14. If you call your dealer, you can probably get the VIN and order number from them before you get your email. But, if you’re gonna try to use the tracking system on the ford site, good luck. Very few people have had any luck getting to work on their ‘22 orders (with the exception of a few).

firstexpidition

Reaction score
Alright, then you’ll probably fair pretty well as long as the chip short lags doesn’t get worse. I ordered mine on 1/3 and didn’t get an email with a VIN, order number, production schedule until last Thursday, 2/3. My production week went from 3/7 to 3/14. If you call your dealer, you can probably get the VIN and order number from them before you get your email. But, if you’re gonna try to use the tracking system on the ford site, good luck. Very few people have had any luck getting to work on their ‘22 orders (with the exception of a few).
Ok - you give me hope then!! Fingers crossed! It's unfortunate the tracking process isn't better. Keep us posted on how things go for you!

OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Much awaited email has arrived at 12:35pm this afternoon.
My Expedition is scheduled for May 16th, 2022

Even though I cannot yet see the window sticker, all configurations under the tabs are correct.

Anything further, I will document as it arises

Bill

OP
OP
mrmustang

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No email, but as of this morning 5/12/2022, the Ford VIN tracker shows my Expedition now in production.
Cannot see the window sticker yet (404-try again later message for link), but I'll check later today or this weekend.

Bill

Attachments

• In.production5.12.22.jpg
    In.production5.12.22.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 11

galv

Reaction score
Just checking in to see if you have any updates. Very similar build as yours but getting white, 2nd row captains and the lux package. Ordered our XLT Max 03/09, production week was 05/23 which was moved up to your week 05/16, but then sent back to the original 05/23 date last week. No window sticker for mine yet.