2022 First drive reviews?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just expect it to be a bit stiffer than regular ccd but better than non ccd.

jberzer

Reaction score
I got a Timberline last week and the ride is 100% better than my previous 16 F150 XLT. I did have 20’s with E-rated tires and the Rancho quicklift on the F150. Very much enjoy the Expedition so far.

Tyra

Reaction score
I've been trying to search for any 2022 drive reviews, and can't seem to find any. Specifically the Stealth Performance, but I'd be happy with any trims.
Anyone come across any and can share? Thanks!

I think a few members have taken delivery, I'd love to know more about how it rides compared to previous Gens. I think one poster had a pretty good write up about their KR. Would love a sample size of a few more people.
I drove a limited max at the dealer a couple times. I thought it drove pretty smooth and handled well. I floored it on the entrance ramp and it had decent get up and go. I currently drive a 2020 Explorer ST so was trying to compare power. I would say it somewhat comparable but not quite as smooth (as in because of the size you cant corner as fast etc) Although, I didn’t really drive it like I owned it so not really a fair comparison. I did order one but I went for the stealth performance package. Now to see
how long it takes to get it!

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I drove a limited max at the dealer a couple times. I thought it drove pretty smooth and handled well. I floored it on the entrance ramp and it had decent get up and go. I currently drive a 2020 Explorer ST so was trying to compare power. I would say it somewhat comparable but not quite as smooth (as in because of the size you cant corner as fast etc) Although, I didn’t really drive it like I owned it so not really a fair comparison. I did order one but I went for the stealth performance package. Now to see
how long it takes to get it!
Did trim of the max did you drive? Did any of then have ccd? When you mean it wasn't as smooth, are you saying the explorer rode smoother or that it handled better which makes it feel more stable? How was the seat comfort?

Laporterican

Reaction score
I got a Timberline last week and the ride is 100% better than my previous 16 F150 XLT. I did have 20’s with E-rated tires and the Rancho quicklift on the F150. Very much enjoy the Expedition so far.
Talked my wife into a Timberline, partly because of the 18in wheels and higher clearance. She currently has a ‘17 Grand Cherokee, with 20s and Wildpeak ATs, the ride is still pretty rough. We live in the foothills of Colorado, lots of miles on steep washed out dirt/gravel roads. Can’t wait to try out our Timberline, it’s ready for pickup today!

Tyra

Reaction score
Did trim of the max did you drive? Did any of then have ccd? When you mean it wasn't as smooth, are you saying the explorer rode smoother or that it handled better which makes it feel more stable? How was the seat comfort?
I guess I am not sure if it had CCD or not. I will rephrase, it rode smooth and handled well its just that it is a bigger truck than my explorer so I felt I couldn’t drive it the same way. As in I can whip around corners and such with my explorer because it is lower to the ground and smaller. I will say I did think the ride was probably smoother in the Expedition (I drove a limited) than my explorer as I have the ST version so it rides a little rougher with the stiffer suspension. I ordered the Stealth performance package in the expidition, I’m used to a stiffer ride so it won’t bother me. The seats were very comfy, I will miss not having the messaging seats tho as it’s not an option in the limited.

Tyra

Reaction score

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I havent gotten to drive the new explorer(nor did I want to, dnt like em lol) but the 18 expy rwd I had in sport mode would do anything I asked it to do as far as handling. Granted it didn't have ccd, it was on base springs so the ride at times was a bit stiff. My next expy if I get one will have ccd, as I hwy bombed it more than corner carved it lol.