2022 Ford Expedition Stuck in Production

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonniet

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Ford Expedition Limited Max on Dec 15 2021. Went into prodcution on March 23 and has been there since. Originally ETA was 4/14. Now dealer is saying 6/11. He also said ETA means nothing. Just wondering how long it is actually taking people to get their new Fords. I've been waiting 5 months.

rpw2021

Reaction score
I ordered my 2022 Ford Expedition Limited Max on Dec 15 2021. Went into prodcution on March 23 and has been there since. Originally ETA was 4/14. Now dealer is saying 6/11. He also said ETA means nothing. Just wondering how long it is actually taking people to get their new Fords. I've been waiting 5 months.

Welcome to the club. I have almost exactly the same story, except I ordered my Expy Max 302a in mid-November. In production 3/23, now in a chip hold ever since. For a while Ford would offer ETAs to the dealer, but now they just say "no ETA". I agree the ETA means nothing.

Ford is actually delivering very very few Expeditions. Some here and there, but not many.

Unfortunately there's really nothing to do but wait. Anyone who says they know when these vehicles will be delivered is just guessing. Could be in two weeks, could be next January.

viiojbk

Reaction score
mine as well, it said in production 4/29 and system says would take few days, but I do not have any update yet, Do not know if is still worth to wait.

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a similar timeline and when I called my dealer last week, I was told it was built but waiting on chips off-site. I was told a timeline for the chips to arrive was between June 24th and July 30th. So I might see my truck in August.

lwebb

Reaction score
My max platinum has been built and on offsite lot since 3/22. My dealer said there is no eta at this point. If any dealership tells you anything else they are lying. He said they can not take any new orders on expedition, super duty trucks or transit van until late November

songshan311

Reaction score
I ordered my Platinum 4x4 on Feb. 6th, 2022, it is still under the status of collecting materials. My dealer told me that the massage seats are holding the built.

Jarf11106

Reaction score
So if everyone is waiting for there new EXPYs (im in the same boat) at what point do we say just cancel it and order a 2023?

park city guy

Reaction score
I ordered mine last November. If you cancel the 2022 and try for 2023, I would venture to say that you could face the same problem with the next model year.

From my research, the problems were driven by covid and poor choices on the Ford parts ordering group.

1. At the start of the shutdowns someone at Ford guessed that people would not purchase as many vehicles so they canceled their order for chips. Only one plant in the far east makes the chips required.
2. Orders for vehicles went up and orders were placed for the chips and Ford was put at the back of the line
3. There was a fire at the plant and they did not have any production or limited production for several weeks or months.
4. Plant was back up in the fall and an earthquake stuck the same plant and production was stopped again
5. Chip production stopped and came back up after several weeks of limited or low production
6. In early 2022 a second earthquake hit the same plant. Again no or limited production for several weeks.

The question is why is Ford depending on a far east supplier for the chips that are required. There should be multiple plants in the US (primary), Canada, or Mexico that make the chips. At the same time, the move to electric cars has to be increasing the demand for chips.

Now with a war going on in Europe, additional shutdowns in China, and the normal occurrence of disasters this problem can only continue to get worse.

Ford, PLEASE COMMUNICATE with your loyal customers.

brookelynn707

Reaction score
How is everyone getting updates on their orders? I order mine 2/1 and do not even have an order number yet. I just called the dealer and they said still no update

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360