2022 King Ranch Max on Dealer Lot Video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Besides the controversy front end, I think it's fair to say the interior was in real need of an update.

What, all the way to '21 the Expy carries a '15 F150 front dash and technology package?

It was time to get this vehicle caught up with the rest of the competition.
Just saw a new 2022 Limited yesterday while in Charlotte, the front end actually looks better in person than in pictures, gives it a cleaner, refreshed look vs the earlier, 2021's. The older dash absolutely needed a refresh, not really crazy about the "Ipad" looking center tablet, but I'm sure once mine gets delivered, I'll get used to it. Truthfully, once we dial in the automatic climate in the car, I'll be using it more for radio and navigation control than anything else.

Bill

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m also not a fan of the screen (Tesla does it so everyone else has to do it?) at least the climate controls are ever-present, which is something. But…what does it look like at night? Are you driving with a big flashlight pointing at you? No wonder people want brighter and brighter headlights.

I always run night colors, even during the day. It is annoying to change the brightness, and the screen off, then on, button (on my 2019) puts it back to day/auto mode, and won’t retain night mode.

Apart from the front end (which I also think is a bit ‘meh’) there doesn’t seem to be anything else of significant difference aesthetically - probably because they got those bits right.
I was wondering the same thing, I have a 15.5 on order, but from what I've seen with the Mach-e you can put it on night colors by default and even adjust down the brightness so it's not blinding you. nothing worse than your dash/interior lights being bright white while the road is pitch black.

bbenz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I much prefer the smaller screen with physical controls below it. I didn't do the math but since the larger screen is essentially split screen I don't think it actually provides more useable space for media. Instead it just replaced the physical buttons with a touchscreen version. I'm sure I would get used to it but glad there were options available.

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, it's good there's an option to do both 12" & 15.5".

I've ordered the 304a SPP with the 15.5" after watching more videos about the system. The cost to upgrade is minimal and we ditched an upcharge exterior colour.

As much as we like our '20, I'm just tired of the interior as I've been in and currently am in, F150s since that design came out in '15. That said, I'm in no rush to jump into the new F150 cuz that exterior design I'm no fan of.

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
I totally agree on the F150 redesign, that front end is also awful looking oh and don’t forget bringing back the 2009 taillights lol

maxxplatinum9137

Reaction score
Yeah , moving on myself. The new model is better than the previous model in every way. I absolutely love the front end. I always thought chevrolet and chrysler had better designers. But when I saw the new expedition, I realized that ford has upped its game massively for the new expedition.
Yes you are correct and I was wrong.

Flounder

Reaction score
The big screen is unnecessary as a function of driving and operating the vehicle. What it does is pacify those who can't get through the day without staring into one.