2022 Max Trunk Dimensions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryeguy_24

Reaction score
Would someone be able to measure their Expedition Max trunk (depth x width with 3rd row up)? Very appreciated.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
ryeguy:

It's a complicated shape. The lift gate bows rearward in the center, the 3rd row seats slope rearward and can be adjusted to slope even more than the home position; so, here goes:

The following were with the 3rd row up; but, not reclined:

bottom center of seat to closed lift gate on center: 33.25"
bottom outboard edge of seat to liftgate : 30.75"
top of rear seat to rear wiper motor housing on centerline: 22.75"
top of rear seat to plastic trim on liftgate below backlite: 23.25" (note that this is greater than on centerline because of the above mentioned rear wiper motor bulge)

Width hard trim to hard trim: 51.25"
Height from load floor vertically to headliner on centerline: 37"
Height from load floor vertically to bottom of center seat shoulder strap bulge in headliner (approximately 12" left of centerline): 33.5"

Note that the 3rd row rh and lh seats can be reclined independently from one another up to 3" rearward at the top of the seat, thereby reducing the numbers above.

Let me know if you need any other dimensions. Mine is a '20 MAX; but, I'm sure the numbers will be the same on your '22.

Last edited: